News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

One 1967 Eldorado. Two cities. Two prices.

Started by 67_Eldo, February 21, 2018, 03:26:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

67_Eldo

Not mine.

LA: https://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/cto/d/1967-cadillac-eldorado/6499459588.html

Phoenix: https://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/cto/d/1967-cadillac-eldorado/6499444364.html

I'm guessing the two prices are a typo, but it might be fun to see how the dealer responds. If you start with a $16950 price, I suppose it is easy enough to typo it into a $10695 price. Otherwise …

I've been watching this one for months. It started out about six months ago (in San Diego) at around $13k as a car that was about to be painted and reupholstered. If you bought it then, you could pick your color paint!

Now you can see that it was repainted … quickly. You can check other details but the two that catch my eye are:

1. The missing release button on the driver's side seat. I mean completely gone.
2. As far as I can see, a lack of California A.I.R. plumbing (into the cylinder heads) in a car that supposedly has the original A.I.R. system.

tripwire

The ad clearly states the car is in LA but can be in Phoenix in 24 hours.  What I find interesting is his price on his website is $17,900. So, that makes 3 different prices.
Driving now:
2013 CTS4 Performance Coupe
1940 LaSalle 5229 C4D

A few I used to drive:
1976 Cadillac Ambulance
1969 Cadillac Hearse, Superior Body
1966 Buick Wildcat Hearse
1957 Ford Thunderbird x 3, 1 E code, 2 D code
1956 Oldsmobile Rocket 88 Sedan
1949 Mercury Convertible
1949 Mercury Coupe, Mild Custom
1936 Buick Special Sedan

James Landi

Speaking of air pump, the "level ride" compressor is missing... the car is resting  near or on its single leaf spring stop.   The paint looks ultra thick....note that the odometer reading is missing  --- could be a nice find though at the right price.  Happy day,