News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1929 La Salle need Info

Started by Mark Serfass, January 03, 2005, 01:29:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Serfass

I just received a 29 LaSalle that Has been sitting for over 15 years and I plan on getting running. It has an older restoration but I need to drain all fluids and I need someone or a resource were I can get amounts and type of replacement oils. I also may be in need of a carb rebuild kit as well as a vacum canister diapham. Any and all help will be much appreciated. Mark

wayne womble

Any of the modern oils will be better than what was available when new. I use 10W40 in the winter and 20W50 in the summer. You will get differing opinions on this, but I have driven long distances and 8000+ miles in my `31 with no problems.
You can usually get by with a brass float and a gross-jet in the carburator. Gaskets are minimal and can be fabricated. Kits are available though. As for the transmission and the rear. Todays 90W is OK. I tried the mineral oil for a while, but it caused shifting problem on long trips. I went back to the modern stuff.