News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

on judges and judging

Started by Diego Montefusco, January 04, 2005, 01:23:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diego Montefusco

hi again,

I ofter read of people describing concourses, judges, etc... I wonder: where do the judges get the "knowledge" to give or take points to a car theyre evaluating?

say they take a point out because youre using the wrong hose clamp in a place, it must mean (ah, deduction!!) that they KNOW which one would be right. :-)

so, HOW THE HELL DO THEY KNOW?! :-)

is every concours relying on their own judges to figure it all out? which could mean that when an incorrectly placed clamp yelds detracted points at some concours, it might go un-noticed to another where the judge was less expert... and that of course would explain why peeble beach is a more prized concours than the brotherhood of salem in my moms backyard...

or does the secret and sacred confederacy of judges rely on some secret and sacred bible which lists every clamp, every bolt finish, every nut, for each and every car on the planet?

bottom line: where the hell do I get the BIBLE to know which clamps I need for my car, and stop bothering you all?!?

thanks

diego

Diego Montefusco

Quote from: Diego Montefuscobottom line: where the hell do I get the BIBLE to know which clamps I need for my car, and stop bothering you all?!?

... that is, since the CLC Authenticity Manual for 1960 is not done yet! :-)

diego

Ed Mobley

I cant tell you have many hours I spent at A&A in Brentwood taking pictures of old Cadillacs to figure out what is authentic.

Ed