News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

P.C.V. valve puzzle

Started by Ivan Zanatta, January 04, 2005, 10:10:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ivan Zanatta

Hi, I have something on my 60 which I havent quite worked out  its purpose yet. It is an after-market  job, two holes drilled into the top of the inlet manifold (1/2") either side of the carb, going to a tee and then to this "thing" which is mounted thru the valve cover. It is about 2-1/2" in diameter, with an inlet and outlet. It is not a valve, because I can suck  and blow thru it, however  it looks like some kind of diaphragm.
I still have my road draft tube in place, and a normal (stock) oil filler. Any clues?   Thanks.

Ivan Zanatta

Diego Montefusco

but if you DO have pictures, you can email them to me, and Ill put them up on the web.

Doug

This is probably a PCV of sorts.  If the car was bought or sold in especially southern California, then it had to be fitted with a PCV of sorts as you describe, if it didnt come that way originally. This was the case with most 50s and up cars before there were PCVs on the cars sold in the rest of the country.  This has been discussed on this site before, most recently concerning a 55 CDV.  Doug

Ivan Zanatta

I had a closer look at this "thing" and it says NORRIS THERMIDOR on the top (sounds like something you should eat, not have on your motor) Anyone heard of these?