News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1977 Eldorado Biarritz Blower Noise

Started by Randall Ayers McGrew CLC # 17963, January 07, 2005, 06:14:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randall Ayers McGrew CLC # 17963

Yes, it has started again....first with the 69 Olds and now my Eldo.  That annoying eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee of the fan.  ARG!  So now what can I do?

Pay a mechanic to fix it?

Replace it with a new unit?

What have the members of the CLC done in this instance?

Thanks in advance.

Mike #19861

Id just replace it. They are pretty cheap and available and it is an easy job.

But, in the meantime, you can use a small centre punch and strike a small hole in the bearing cover. Then you can put a drop or two of oil in there and it should at least temporaily eliminate the noise. Not a permanent fix, but it will at least contribute to safer levels of sanity.

Mike

Yeah and I need all the help I can get in 2005.  At least the Eldo sits up level and runs nicely (sucks gas but oh well...there it is).  

Thanks Mike.  I will try that.  I get from the manual that pulling the unit is indeed not difficult.  

I have a list of other little jobs to do as well.  But I will save those for other posts.  I like to file them separately.  <G>

George Woodford clc21025

Replace it.  It is not work the trouble to try to fix it.  Buy the Siemans model that is identical to your OEM for less than $20.

Great idea!  Thanks, George.  Siemans was a printer outfit I worked with for years...wonder if its the same group?  I will check NAPA for it.  Or online, where I am sure to find one!

George Woodford clc21025