News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

virus emails

Started by Susan, January 10, 2005, 09:10:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Susan

Continue to receive spam emails everyday with virus attachments from a frequent contributor that I had an offline communication with once.  Any advice?  I delete without reading.

Thanks

Mark

It sounds like you will have to add that person as a blocked recipient (or blocked sender).  It should be a fairly simple procedure - obviously they have a virus and it is sending without their knowledge.  

Have you tried contacting that person and letting them know that they may have a virus?  That person may not be aware of any problem.

Good luck.  Worked for me.

Bruce Reynolds # 18992

Susan,

Definately dont open any attachments and delete the whole message.

If possible, telephone the sender and have that person get the computer checked for the virus.

Further, install a good Anti Virus software like Norton, Macafee, or something similar.   Worth their weight in gold.

Also, you can add the senders name to your list of barred receipients so it wont get as far as your computer.

You can always contact your ISP and tell them of your problems.   They might be able to filter the messages as well.

Bruce,
The Tassie Devil(le),
60 CDV

Randall Ayers McGrew CLC # 17963

Susan, it sounds like someone hijacked his email and is sending out poisoned letters.  Contact that individual and have them contact their ISP.  Include samples of the email if you can save some.  I get a lot from a TCOX that is all contaminated.  I have saved some to send to my ISP.  Hopefully they will contact the proper authorities.