News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Modified Chapter

Started by Michael Stamps 19507, January 17, 2005, 03:55:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Stamps 19507

Well so far we have five applications from last year that have told me to reuse them.  There are more that will have to send me copies of the applications.  I will send out an email tomorrow on what to do and well go from there.  

Thanks,
Stampie

Porter

Since some of us like to constantly work on our cars (cant leave well enough alone), as if stock resto isnt enough work we have to improve or modify the car a tad or two, or sometimes 500 times, CID that is.

Lets be grateful for the fact that we had that golden era of Cadillac high performance engines, before the bottom fell out, or in my case a hole was punched in the side of the HT aluminum block while it was running and knocking.

Mike Jones will now be an official member of the modified class whether he joins or not, because he is building an improved modified engine for the car.

Porter

Peter H.Luft CLC#19778

Mike..........Does a highly Modified 331 cu.in. in a 23 T roadster pickup count................................Put me down for membership, I really like the modified strange stuff. also a 64 Eldorado mild custom, would there be a class???????? Good luck,peter

Porter

No longer a message board "squatter".

Just submitted my membership application, its all Stampies fault and his modified chapter.

"Got fins" ?

Porter

Mike #19861

Woo Hoo! Tha would be nice! To get away from this wretched cold weather!

I have always threatened that I would move to warmer climes. Maybe someday Ill come good on that threat.

However, I am pretty well stuck here for the duration. A very tempting carrot, though!

Mike

Michael Stamps 19507

Now you have to put that on your name line.  I was wondering what it would take to finally get you to join.  At least I beat Steve.  His badgering didnt do it.

Stampie

Michael Stamps 19507

Well sorry Peter but I dont think the T would count.  But the 64 Eldorado shouldnt be a problem.  Expect an email tomorrow.

Stampie

Bruce Reynolds # 18992

My badgering didnt work either.

Michael, Porter has joined, but doesnt have his number yet.   Dont you remember when your Membership Number was "pending"

Bruce,
The Tassie Devil(le),
60 CDV

Bruce Reynolds # 18992

Michael,

Why not?

Surely, if the Cadillac organisation recognises a car built by Sidney Allard, there is one in the Historical Museum, surely another Cadillac powered vehicle will be allowed in.

Oh, to open a can of worms, ha ha.

Im with you Peter.

Bruce,
The Tassie Devil(le),
60 CDV, that used to have a 454 and TH400 in it.

Michael Stamps 19507

If I remember correctly not only were you one of the main reasons I joined but you were the first to congrat me.

Stampie

Steve Crum 20999

Congrats Pooter! Anyone that dries paint in front of any wood burning appliance in the living room is "modified"in my book!
Watch out though, Stampies trying to make a run on your posting record with this one! Count me in Stampie! Beam me up Stampie?
I better get my CLC dues paid fer this year!

Bruce Reynolds # 18992

Gday Steve,

Thank goodness for waterbased paints......Try drying lacquer in front of an open fire.

And, you just reminded me, I have to send off my membership reneway as it expires at the end of the month.

Bruce,
The Tassie Devil(le),
60 CDV

Michael Stamps 19507

I just sent out an email to everyone interested.  If I did miss anyone please email me and Ill get you the information also.  The proposed application has changed and is here now.

http://www.stampie.com/chapter/chapter.htm TARGET=_blank>http://www.stampie.com/chapter/chapter.htm

Stampie

Porter CLC # pending

Steve,

The oven comes in handy too this time of year in lieu of some nice summertime UV rays. Good old baked enamel, cant let the sub zero winter temps impede the Cadillac restoration progress.

With the new modified chapter we can share all of our tricks of the trade, drivetrain, sheet metal repair, paint refinishing, interior restoration, even custom exhaust work, etc.

Porter

Peter H.Luft clc#19778 / reply to mike

Mike.....mailed you the signed application, for the Modified Chapter.......You have started....a very good thing here......I love the modified or customized special interest Cadillacs LaSalles and other quality automobiles.......WHY even Pebble Beach has classes now........Please dont get close minded before you even see whats being offered...............Modified is Modified, there is no such thing as " as a little bit pregnant ".....for my 64 cents worth........."let the water seek its own level"......
There is a lot of really neat stuff out there , that would certainly interest the club members, young and old, Please just let it happen.................thanks, peter

Jessie J.

Guess that excludes me too, (my 390 is in a 48 Stude pickup)

Michael Stamps 19507

Sorry guys,
  I love these engines also.  I own a 390,  a 500, and two 472s right now.  Two of those engines are in cars and the others are on the future projects list.  Some of those projects include the engine not going back into a Cadillac or LaSalle.  

Since we are trying to get Chapter status with the CLC I am pretty sure that other body makes wouldnt cut it.  That is not to say you cant join us.  Some of the CLC members that want to join dont even have modified Cadillacs.  They just support the idea and want to get behind us. Im sure the T and the Stude are great but it would seem strange showing up to a Cadillac LaSalle meet in a Stude or T.  

What have you done to your 390?  I keep getting tempted by the Offy intakes I see on ebay.

Stampie

Randall Ayers McGrew CLC # 17963

Absolutely, Michael

I, for one, would love to see a Studebaker pickup with a Cad engine!  It does not have to be official to be enjoyed.  Remember that guidelines are just that, the point is to enjoy Cadillacs.  I support any group that wants to show and enjoy this marque. Look at the Packard groups.  They do both restoration and modification balancing both to the enjoyment of that marque.  

densie

I have a modified Cadillac.  I used the stock Cadillac radiator cap and replaced the rest of the car with Ford parts.  Can I still join?  ;)

-densie

Peter H.Luft/ reply denise

OK,You guys really need to open up your minds..there are wonderful Cadillac powerplants and modified cars out there...............Mike, you have said no, before you even know what is being presented...and Denise, is the Cadillac Radiator cap Chromed?....................All I ask is PLEASE keep an open mind when it comes to this class, again there are beautiful Cads at the Good Guys Nationals, Kemp Nationals, Barris Cars, Winfield Cars, Cars from the 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s, even 70s and later.........Is a Cadillac Station Wagon a modified car.........I think soooooooooooooooo, Wouldnt it be nice to see a Cadillac powered  Army Tank at one of the meets, Oh yes, I think so,................but again you all know that 1964 Cadillac Fleetwood Eldorado Convertibles rule anyway....I truly enjoy the restored cars, like the excellent originals better, but there is a lot of room for the modifieds.....The restored and originals are wonderful and will be there.............if you want the hobby and membership to grow....just let it happen..........Thats my 64 cents worth, peter

P.S. Anyone remember Norm Grabowskis T roadster pick up on 77 Sunset Strip TV series, with a blown Cadillac powerplant, talk about modified.....theres one, a priceless piece.........how about Ohio Georges Cadillac powered Gasser Willys Coupe...........comon you can put them in the back of the group where there is plenty of room.....well need it cause thats where the crowd will go, to see THE MODIFIEDS. Take a look at the Pebble Beach Show the last five years.....They opened their minds because of Robert Peterson and Bruce Meyer...ever go to the Peterson Museum at the Tar Pits in L.A. What a selection of fine automobiles and they are first rate....check out there web site. Is anyone out there building a 16 cylinder speedster, a vintage type..........BOY, I HOPE SO, cause I want to see it, you know like a 1913 Mercer Raceabout.