News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1965-1966 Authenticity Manual

Started by Brad Hemingson CLC #?, February 16, 2005, 10:23:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brad Hemingson CLC #?

Any word on how soon this will be published? Can I get a draft can I help? I now own 3 66 Cadillacs.

Lars Kneller 8246

I finished the manual about a year ago, and passed it on to Pete Peters to get it ready for publishing.  Im not sure if he has made any progress. I will see what I can do to get it moving along.

Brad Hemingson

How long does it take? Do they need orders for manuals or what? Cant it be made available by PDF or on CD as Word document?

Gene Roqueplot CLC #19950

Sign me up ! I gotta have one! Soon!

Barry Wheeler #2189

In reply to a year...
Guys, how much do you think Pete gets paid for doing this???????
Zip, nada, NOTHING! When I spoke with him at breakfast just before the 1991 GN in Cinn. he was asking about why the Indiana Region wasnt active. I told him that I was active in national politics, winding up my two terms as President, and no one else was interested. Who do you think started us up again? Pete! When someone else had let the authenticity manual project wither on the vine, who do you think took it on? And finally got some manuals completed? Pete! It doesnt really seem fair when someone who doesnt know what they are talking about slams a volunteer worker in our Club. He doesnt take time to work on his own cars that he loves in trying to keep these projects going, and then some one wonders why its taking so long...

Brad Hemingson

Barry, there is no need to get steamed. I was wondering about the process not slamming a volunteer. Lars said he had finished it a year ago. I took that as a printing issue. I offered to help. I have coached 3 sports a year for five years and started a business in the last two, plus restored a boat. I know how hard it is to find time for this hobby. If a member needs help with a subject Im interested in I will try and help.

Lars Kneller 8246

The part that slows the authenticity project down is that there is a lot of work to do, and very few members volunteer to help.  I am going to get the ball rolling on the 65-6 manual.

ellerga1

Hi.

I know it's been a while, but I stumbled onto this posting and I am interested. If it's not too late I'd like to help.

Let me know. I have a '65 DeVille Convertible as close to original as possible. Photo below.

Thanks

Greg Ellers
Woodbine, MD
240-460-9921

Chuck Swanson

Hi Greg,

There is a '65-66 manual available and has been for a while.  However, I just finished a ground up resto on a '66 and offered to help update the manual.  I have a number of 65-66 cars, along with 7-8 parts cars.  Jeff contacted me and game plan is I believe this fall sometime for working on an update.  I can loop you in once we get rolling :)  Nice car!  Thanks, Chuck
CLC Lifetime
AACA Lifetime
Like 65-66 Club: www.facebook.com/6566Cadillac
66 DeVille Convertible-CLC Sr Wreath, (AACA 1st Jr 2021, Senior 2022, 1st GN 2022 Sr GN 2023), Audrain Concours '22 3rd in Class.
66 Sedan DeVille hdtp
66 Calais pillar sedan
66 Series 75 9-pass limo
65 Eldorado (vert w/bucket seats)
65 Fleetwood
07 DTS w/ Performance pkg.
67 Chevy II Nova (AACA Sr GN 2018)
69 Dodge Coronet R/T