News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

75 Eldorado

Started by George, March 04, 2005, 07:01:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

George

Has anyone had experience replacing the rubber seals on the Eldorado axle shaft? The seal band clamps require a special tool to fasten them. Can they be fastened without the tool #J22716?
Alternatively can these tools be bought anywhere?

Richard Pope

Years ago I found a similiar tool at CarQuest auto parts...

Richard

Bob Chesnutt 21760

I feel it is impossible to do a proper job without the proper tool.  Originally, I made one that worked OK.  Then I bought one, this was in the early 80s.  I know I still have the one I bought, but it is in my shop in MN.  I will be back there in June, so if you havent found one, send me an e-mail and I will see if I can find the one I made.  Also, I will check with a few friends who had one and see if they still have it and will sell it.  I do not think they still need it.  

If you want me to draw it up and send you a drawing, just let me know.

My e-mail is bobandhelen@aol.com - -  send me an e-mail so I can contact you if I find one for sale.

George

Thanks you guys. I got one from the CV man.He also does joints and bands.