News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Recent posts

General Discussion / Re: Goodbye & thanks.
Last post by Jim Miller - Today at 05:47:28 PM
Quote from: Jay Friedman on Yesterday at 11:18:59 PMI'm just curious.  Can anyone tell me why the people who are leaving the forum are so against the idea of joining the CLC.  It's not expensive; certainly not compared to the cost of restoring and maintaining a vintage car. 
I've been a paying member since 2017. I also follow several Cadillac sites that dot facebook. My experience so far is that information and responses to questions have been far more solid on our forum. Perhaps it's because the CLC has been around a long time and the members I've communicated with are bringing more experience to the table. Ive not always received or seen the level of experience on other sites. For me the membership is a resource I'm willing to pay for. I've saved more than the cost of my membership by avoiding costly mistakes thanks to the advice I've received.
General Discussion / Re: Photos of a Day in the Lif...
Last post by harry s - Today at 05:44:48 PM
Looks like a '41 61 Series in the service bay next to the '59.
Restoration Corner / Re: Carl 61 Fleetwood Phyllis
Last post by Clewisiii - Today at 05:40:24 PM
Still mostly just setting aside cash for chrome.

But I did pick up a new pneumatic saw for bodywork. I need to get back to working on the body repair so I can paint that firewall.
Technical / Authenticity / Re: 1960 Plug Wires
Last post by TJ Hopland - Today at 05:27:10 PM
If you are not going for 'correct' looking wires I have had good luck with the Belden wires. They are also usually dark blue so look pretty decent with the Cadillac blues. 
Ya those connector diagrams can get you not knowing which end you are looking at.  I will usually look for empty slots or something else unique to make sure I'm looking at it the right direction.
69 with disc being standard you would not expect there to be options.  I don't hardly ever get anything from speedway so I'm not used to how their site and searching works.  I did try entering 69 Deville and first got like 300 results that made no sense like options from Wilwood and for a MustangII.  I then noticed a check box for 'hide universal fit' and then got no results.

If I just enter the part number you entered I get a 64-72 GM disc brake kit and with the car still selected a warning that says modification may be required.  Just the statement of 64-72 GM Disc raises some eyebrows.  Wasn't Corvette the only GM that had disc brakes in 64?  And Corvette parts are not exactly known to be standardized across the brand. 

I think you just ordered the wrong stuff.  Personally I think I would be ordering from Rock Auto or a local parts store and getting Timken or SKF.  They don't list a kit so you have to order 2 of each of the 3 items but I think you will have a good chance of getting the right stuff.     
General Discussion / Re: USA headlights vs other re...
Last post by Big Fins - Today at 05:20:52 PM
Reading what Bruce had always said about lights 'downunder', they drive on the right side of the vehicle on the left side of the road. Their headlights on low beam would have to 'dip' to the left and the high beams, up and to the right.

I read about the differing LED lighting in the EU and the way people complain about bright lights here. From what I read, the lighting has sensors to detect oncoming traffic and dim or brighten the lights in accordance to the needs of the sensors and ambient lighting.

A quick search on Amazon will give you quite a bit of "Fits This Vehicle" results. I amazed at what is still easily available at sites like Amazon for these cars. At least as far back as 1969.
General Discussion / Re: Townhall Meeting with CLC ...
Last post by quadfins - Today at 05:18:09 PM
Mr Doyle has proven why the CLC Forum should belong to members only.

Actual CLC members have notified the moderators and are tired of this BS on our forum.

When Mr Doyle can show evidence of his "donations" to support our PRIVATE organizations paid-for forum, his credibility may be restored.

Until that time, this pointless thread will be locked.

Sincerely, your friendly, neighborhood "Forum Nazi" (as moderators have been called, in the past)

Prove me wrong, and I will reopen the thread.
Have you seen a kit that is specifically made for this Cadillac carb?  I have seen universal kits that don't look as reliable.  The specific ones also look like a fair amount of work to install, there is drilling and tapping presumably of the carb to install them.   
I'm curious to hear about the pump.  Looking at photos of the THM400 it looks like its got to be pretty durable but its most likely what was binding the engine so its hard to tell how hard you were pushing on it.

The shop will most likely be happy to demonstrate the installation process to you when you pick it up unless business is real slow and they want to see you back again soon. Seeing how far back it should go and how and what it feels like especially that last step.  The splines don't take too much rotation to engage but its possible to get the pump way off and have to turn 180 to get it back in.