News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

heater switch wiring diagram

Started by myren kohlhorst 17794, April 19, 2007, 06:41:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

myren kohlhorst 17794

Still need help!!!
Dose anyone have the installation paper or a copy of, that came with the dealer installed cadillac heater for a 1939 model 6119. This is the small box unit that mounted to the fire wall under the dash. I need the schmatic of the switch. 3 of the wires I left attached to the switch when I removed it 2 years ago. Now Im reassembleing the car and cant find my notes, or the tags has fallen off the 2 remaning wire attach points. 1 wire has a fork connector on it and Im 90percent sure its the power connection. The other is a screw between the 2 small resistor wire coils on the switch. This must have had a wire on it becuse its clean and half way out. These 2 items are in question. Any chance of anyone looking at there switch or any info would be of great help.
Thanks in advance
Myren

JIM CLC # 15000

04-18-07
Myren, I know nothing about the 1939 Cadillac model 61, much less the heater elect. connections.BUT,(there is always a But) I think that in those years the heater-motor ran in the opposite direction for the defrost function to operate. If you had a chance to operate the heater prior to getting the car ready for restoreing you might get a hint from that.
HTH
Good Luck,JIM