News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

59 carburator

Started by chris92026, January 11, 2018, 12:13:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chris92026

look like I am missing parts of my carburetor anyone can tell if I do and what?
thank you
59 Cadillac Sedan Deville
C.Perrin

Dave Shepherd

The link from the fast idle cam to the choke butterfly connector is missing.

Lexi

Off chance that I may have that part or even a complete 1959 Caddy carb if you are interested. Just not accessible now due to the snow and weather, so my search will have to wait till spring. Clay/Lexi

chris92026

hi
I am interested if you have the part
let me know has soon had you can
thank you
C.Perrin

fishnjim

Best thing to do is get the number off the carb and look up the parts diagram for it.   Some of the carb parts guys have them on line.   

chris92026

hi fishnjim
any suggestion on where I can find it
thank you
C.Perrin

fishnjim

C.; There usually is a metal tag under a screw somewhere on top, but it maybe gone.  I don't see it in the photos.   If it's original, probably either a carter or rochester and that should be cast on the body and may have some numbers stamped on a boss.   May have to clean off with carb cleaner to see.
If you have a '59 part list, they'll give the correct carb numbers by motor sequence in there.   Mine lists the early ones.
Check with Mikes Carbs, http://www.carburetor-parts.com/   He usually has the parts diagrams and maybe the correct carb numbers listed.   There's a lot of other carb parts places, so I can't list all but I may have the info down the garage, if you come up empty.   Unfortunately, I'm a '58 and have those.
Anyone else know for sure what make and model carb this is?   
ps: Went to garage.   I'm guessing it's a 2815S (A/C) or 2814S (non A/C) Carter. 
I have the '58 diagram, but none for the '59.   Can be obtained online for a nominal fee.  They share a lot of parts but they changed the choke and idle operation a bit in '59.   I have the specs for adjustments, etc. if needed.   You might try the '59-60 forum.   
Missing linkage can be obtained from the parts guys or Edelbrock, who bought out the AFB and makes them as "performers".   I might even have what you need.   I got a box of spare parts from one of the 58 owners.

chris92026

Yes its the 2815 s
Will check the site end check the diagram
Seebif ibam missing anything else before I send it to have rebuilt
Thank you