News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1959 Cadillac project car

Started by Paul_C, September 30, 2014, 09:36:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul_C

I have a 59 Coupe DeVille project. Owned it at least 25 years. haven't worked on it in at least 10. I think it's time to go so is there any interest in a restoration in progress. Unfortunately I just don't have the time and when I get some there are too many other projects to attend to. It must have some type of parts worth. A friend of mine that has a 59 Hearse says it's valuable . The question is what should I list it for. Everyone wants pictures and I can take some and post but I'll give a description for now.

Originally a white car with black and white interior but I decided during the beginning of the project to paint it a factory teal blue. All major parts, body,  body parts and frame Redi-stripped from rust and primed with Dupont Variprime sealing primer including all the hidden body channels. Engine, transmission and drivetrain rebuilt and running. Body installed on chassis with major bodywork completed. Full options except for auto trunk latch and power vent windows which I have acquired parts for. Wiring harness was rebuilt but never installed. Stainless brake and fuel lines. Have all parts boxed and identified, ect.

Bear in mind this is just a post for advice. I have been out of the game too long to know what kind of interest and worth for something like this. Any interest and I will post in the proper for sale forum and the local Cadillac Lasalle web page. I'm not looking for top dollar just a fair price as I will never recoup what I have spent on it.

Thanks
Paul Campbell

59-in-pieces

Paul,
As a guy who has done my share of 59 Cads, it sounds like a good project.
What kind of 59 Cad is it.
Where are you and the car located.
Pics are a must to get a feel for the condition of Humpty Dumpty there is to work with.
Have fun,
Steve B.
S. Butcher

Joshua

I agree with Steve, a few pictures would help the experts give you a better idea as to what it is worth.

Good Luck,
Joshua Cross
1959 Cadillac Sedan DeVille 6 Window
1964 Volkswagen Type I

Paul_C

QuoteWhat kind of 59 Cad is it
It's a series 63, Coupe DeVille. It's located in Eastern PA, 19067. I believe it was originally titled in Tennessee. Glad to hear there is at least some interest in the car. Pictures are on the to-do list. I should be able to take and post them this weekend.

Thanks,
Paul Campbell

sjocad

Hi Paul.
This is svein sjoblom from Norway,CLC# 12214,
I would like to buy your car.
Please email me at; sveinthecadman@hotmail.com
Photos/price,etc.
Thanks,,svein :D
svein sjoblom,CLC # 12214.

1937 Lasalle opera coupe series 50.

76eldo

Just putting this out there,  the car is only 30 minutes from me.
If anyone needs the car checked out, let me know.

Brian

Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

Paul_C

Here are some pictures. It started right up but ran a little rough. Brakes, transmission and power steering still work fine. I had to add the fuel tank, the fuel in the original tank must be a bit stale if there's anything in it. The front fenders are just temporarily hung on with tarps in between for storage. The air filter was always on the carb. I removed it when getting it going.

Paul_C

More pictures.

76eldo

Paul,

I'm local, 30 min from you.
My friend may be interested.
Please email me at rachlin@comcast.net.

Thanks
Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net