News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1969 ELDO air pump part

Started by V Pulley, July 20, 2009, 10:52:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

V Pulley

i installed a good diaphram on my air pump.  Some of the spare parts pump use a snap  ring to hold the diaphram between the two plates.  Mt unit uses a push on speed nut type fastener  on the 3/4" shaft. Can't locate another anywhere!!  Does anyone know where I can find one or a substitute.   Viator Trudeau

Lars Kneller 8246

Send me a picture of what you need.

V Pulley

Quote from: Lars Kneller 8246 on July 22, 2009, 02:09:59 PM
Send me a picture of what you need.

Lars, any luck on locating a push on type fastner for my air pump.

Guidematic

That's odd. I have torn down many of these pumps and have not seen the diaphragm held in with a fastener like you describe. They are always held together with the spring clip. This may be a "fix" done during a previous repair. Perhaps the proper clip was damaged or lost, and this was what was available.

A picture would be helpful.

Mike
1970 Fleetwood Brougham 68169
1985 Eldorado Coupe 6EL57
1988 Eldorado Biarritz 6EL57
1990 Brougham d'Elegance 6DW69
1994 Fleetwood Brougham 6DW69

v Pulley

Quote from: Mike Jones on August 11, 2009, 10:28:37 AM
That's odd. I have torn down many of these pumps and have not seen the diaphragm held in with a fastener like you describe. They are always held together with the spring clip. This may be a "fix" done during a previous repair. Perhaps the proper clip was damaged or lost, and this was what was available.

A picture would be helpful.

Mike     Mike ,Ive seen both types, like the one I have and W/ the circular retaining clip, using the pin plyiers to spread the ends.  Mine has no groove to accomodeat the clip hence the push on circular part.  I will send you a pict. as I did for Lars.