News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

DREAM WANT LIST DO ANY OF THESE EXIST AS ORIGINAL CARS?

Started by wrefakis, August 22, 2014, 09:59:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wrefakis

OK FANS,HERE IS MY WANT LIST!!!!

MINT ORIGINALS ONLY

70 DVC CHATEAU MAUVE
70 DVC SPARTACUS BLUE
69-70FLEETWOOD BROUGHAM LEATHER NO BODY MOULDINGS NO BUMP ROOF

50 G's for the DVC MINT ORIGINALS MILES UNDER 25K
25 G's FOR FLEETWOODS

59 EBZ BLACK WITH BENCH SEAT ORIGINAL UNRESTORED, NO PRICE CAR DOES NOT EXIST

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

About a year ago there had been a pretty mint original '64 DeVille Conv, 2x black + red leather in NJ. Car sold in low 20s IIRC.

Either the '69 or '70 Fleetwood 60 Special did not come with body side moldings - I cannot recall which one.

What is a bump roof?
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

wrefakis

no bump roof, no rust bumps under the top, no after market bsm

Ah.

I rather slick tops on them anyway - and no acne worries.

Scot Minesinger

The 69 and 70 Fleetwoods included body side moldings and this would be an option delete.  I agree the slick top (option delete)  Fleetwood Brougham in leather would be great with no body side moldings in perfect condition, all low mileage lack of use issues cured.  Black on black would something!
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

wrefakis

Scot Minesinger

Beautiful 69 Fleetwood that is for sure.  I like the rocker moldings, they make the car.  I added that option to my red 1970 convertible.

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Quote from: wrefakis on August 22, 2014, 09:59:12 AM
OK FANS,HERE IS MY WANT LIST!!!!

MINT ORIGINALS ONLY

70 DVC CHATEAU MAUVE
70 DVC SPARTACUS BLUE
69-70FLEETWOOD BROUGHAM LEATHER NO BODY MOULDINGS NO BUMP ROOF

50 G's for the DVC MINT ORIGINALS MILES UNDER 25K
25 G's FOR FLEETWOODS

59 EBZ BLACK WITH BENCH SEAT ORIGINAL UNRESTORED, NO PRICE CAR DOES NOT EXIST
Bill,
Same old list??? LOL!
I'll bid $65K for those colors.
I've got a 22K mile one in Bayberry. Oh... you don't want it?
How about a 21K mile one in Nottingham. Oh... you don't want that one either??? Why not?? LOL!
We can all thank Cadillac for pushing the same colors & the dealers for following like sheep.
I'm not sure what was happening on the east coast in 1970, but out here it was white or some other light color.
Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

cadillacmike68

Quote from: Scot Minesinger on August 22, 2014, 07:27:42 PM
Beautiful 69 Fleetwood that is for sure.  I like the rocker moldings, they make the car.  I added that option to my red 1970 convertible.

That's not an option Scot, it was a model feature. That said I like them. What did you do, cut the 3.5" off the rear of the long middle section?
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

Scot Minesinger

You could get the rocker molding as a dealer option, and that is my story for GN and I'm sticking to it.  Yes, cut the last 3.5" off the back.  All the other pieces fit perfectly.  It makes the car look way better and what Cadillac should have done.  Here is better picture

wrefakis

Fleetwood rockers were not any kind of option on devilles

we used to put them on all the time, but options that were offered for "dealer installations" were always original spec items as per factory original.
None such as tilt wheel, cruise, etc required trimming or modification.

wrefakis

bob that list is in reply to a [post seeking a 59 Biarritz in this color, that trim, etc that went on for 2 weeks, point being, lol on color and trim

they built around 125 chateau mauve 70 dvc, so it will be hard to find

as an aside, of the last 45, 70 cadillacs built 23 were bayberry, including the last dvc built that I owned for 25 years miles  5,825

INTMD8

Quote from: wrefakis on August 23, 2014, 08:31:16 AM
Fleetwood rockers were not any kind of option on devilles

I think Scott was joking ("that is my story for the gn") but maybe I read it wrong.

wrefakis

could be, but that is how 99 bucket seat 59 ebz story started, evolved at Hershey from 99 eldo broughams to 99 bucket seats, good copy for the dirtbag collector car dealers!

Scot Minesinger

I was joking about the rocker moldings.  However, I talked to a person who worked for a Cadillac dealer in 1970.  He said the cars came with carpet shipped separately and it was dealer installed, along with a bunch of other prep required (set timing) to bring the car to the showroom floor.  Further, the dealers would add this option if it was what it took to sell a Cadillac.  After all it was not 1966 anymore, and if someone wanted a convertible in 1966 with rocker moldings the dealer would have them buy the Eldorado.  From 1967 thru 1970 dealers would add this option if requested.  Given the dealer functioned as a factory in that they finished assembling the cars in 1970, I think that I should not lose points at GN. 

To those that object, I understand because I sure do not like when the metal center strip and/or hood ornament is added to a 1970 DeVille.  To almost everyone I ask, the 1970 Cadillac looks better with the rocker moldings than without.

My rust free car has 123k miles on it and it every wear item has been replaced; paint, top, upholstery, dash, chrome, paint, rubber seals, rubber hoses, all bushings, all brake components, all fuel deliver components, engine rebuilt, trans rebuilt, front/rear suspension rebuilt, diff rebuilt, climate control rebuilt, new radiator, new condenser, and etc.  Accordingly with such a non original, although very appealing and reliable Cadillac, I feel no guilt in adding the moldings and driving the hell out of it. 

wrefakis

the word "option" indicates it can be ordered on the car

Fleetwood rockers could not be ordered  on a deville, period

I saw a 70 up in harlem in 70 with fur seats, dealer did the car, so are fur seats an option?????

ditto for the superfly eldo I had in 72,done by Bronx Cadillac thru derham coach? option???

no, aftermarket

I have no horse in this race but it would seem rather strange - at least to me - that the dealer would have installed any OEM trim parts that would have required modification in order to adapt to a vehicle not designed for the part.

wrefakis

STOP,want to go thru my parts books and order guides,had my first 70 FLEETWOOD for a month  the month of oct 69,was a dealer all these years , sold used cads in Brooklyn in 71 saw tons of stripes,rockers,emblems, these cars were plain,you had to jazz them up

35-709

My family owned a small town Cadillac dealership from the late '20s thru the mid - 70's and in my somewhat limited experience I know many dealers would do anything the customer requested to modify a new car to the customer's desires and tastes for whatever price the dealer felt he should charge and the customer would accept.  Including OEM parts that would fit, or be modified to fit, eventhough the car was never intended to have that part.   
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

76eldo

If you want it to be accepted for GN judging as authentic you would need he dealer's invoice showing the modification. Even then its up to the judges to decide.

In a word they ain't Factory and were not an option.  They looked great on the 66 Eldo because they were fully integrated into the design of the car. On the 70 DeVille they look tacked on.
I like mine plain. Looks just right to me.

That's why they make vanilla, chocolate and tutti fruitti as my uncle Don says.

Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)