News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1957 power seat transmission

Started by gary griffin, November 06, 2015, 01:06:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gary griffin

My seat only does one function so I think I need a transmission to get it working correctly.
Gary Griffin

1940 LaSalle 5029 4 door convertible sedan
1942 Cadillac 6719 restoration almost complete?
1957 Cadillac 60-special (Needs a little TLC)
2013 Cadillac XTS daily driver

Jeffrey Burland

The seat transmissions weren't used until 1960. Your 57 has 3 'spinning' nuts. Each is a threaded nut with a solenoid surrounding it and it locks into place depending on switch position. These are 57-58 only. I'm sold out, but can source one for you if you'd like. Jeff in CT
Jeff Burland, Just one guy with too many 54-76 restorables and parts to list
https://www.facebook.com/WillingtonCadillac/

Cadcliff

I have a 57 Coupe front seat with assembly out here... been out of the car for years, inside, no idea if it is all working....$350 plus freight
Cliff Graubard
CLC #1430

1955 Cadillac Broadmoor Wagon x3
1956 Cadillac Broadmoor Wagon- One of two
1955 Eldorado- bronze
1961 Cadillac Biarritz-bucket seats
1964 CDV- Silver/Red Every option
1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz
1940 and 1941 60S
1961 Cadillac Convertible
1965 Cadillac Convertible

59-in-pieces

Gary,
Here is a picture of the guts end of the seat track system.
Note the square "nuts" locking things that were mentioned before.
Note the levers that are attached to each, which cause the seat to move up-down, front-back and so.
Note also the springs at both ends of the assembly, which assist the specific "nut" that causes the motion.
The actions are caused by one nut or the other engaging while the remainders simply move back and forth along the threaded rod.
Engage each nut individually to detect which is not working.
Also make sure the springs are not broken.
Hope this helps you to fix a small problem, not requiring a full replacement.
Have fun,
Steve B.
S. Butcher