News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

'85 Eldorado Sun Visor repair....once again

Started by eldofixer, July 20, 2014, 08:47:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eldofixer

I know this is an old subject....but there haven't been too many simple solutions put forward that really work. This is my 2nd '85 Eldorado, just got it and guess what, the sun visors won't stay up. So I ripped one out of my old car, took it apart once again. It's the one with the two black plastic flanged pieces an no tension screw. I tried a number of things to get the black plastic pieces to grip the rod better but to no avail. Just about to give up when I spotted my tube of blue threadlocker. Slid the plastic pieces as far as I could on the rod, smeared on some threadlocker, pushed the plastic pieces back over it. Couple of hours later they were really tight, but could be moved......wonder how long this will last, and has anybody done this before?
Thanks
Mac