News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Whitewall tires on the 2006-current DTS ??

Started by Davidinhartford, January 24, 2010, 06:40:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Otto Skorzeny

There you go, Dave. Are you going to buy them?

Post a picture if you do.
fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

Davidinhartford

Quote from: Otto Skorzeny on February 10, 2010, 06:54:35 PM
There you go, Dave. Are you going to buy them?

Post a picture if you do.

I'm very tempted.   But my DTS's tires only have 28,000 miles on them.    I should wait until they need replacing.   
But then again......   ::)

PS:   Now I know why I didn't see them earlier.  If you go to the Goodyear website and search tires by vehicle application, they only list the P235/55R17 size which is blackwall only.    The P235/60R17 is the narrow whitewall version of the Eagle LS.   so now the $64,000 question:  Can you use the 235/60R17 to replace a factory 235/55R17?

EAM 17806

In my opinion, whitewalls on a car adds class along with beauty if done right. Not too large whitewalls but something about one inch or 1 1/2" would add an appealing look to it like they always did.  Let's start requesting the tire factories to begin making them more readly available.  EAM
Ev Marabian

1976 Cadillac Coupe DeVille, 1989 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, 1990 Pontiac Bonneville and 1996 Buick Skylark

Otto Skorzeny

All you have to worry about is the diameter. The width is the same.

What do the specs say about them?

I estimate that they're 23.5mm larger in diameter. That's .885 inches.

Roughly 7/8" in diameter larger.

That's 7/16" more clearance needed around the edges and top of the wheel well.
fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

glnb1

Hello all,

I have gone through all of the digging looking for whitewalls for my '08 DTS.

I was looking for the narrow WW and found that basically, the tire companies appear to be phasing them out. I recently purchased the American Classic WW tires in the DTS tire size   235 55R17

EAM 17806

I think whitewalls enhance the beauty of an elegant Cadillac like the DTS, etc.  Blackwalls are just too dull and have no eye appeal.  EAM
Ev Marabian

1976 Cadillac Coupe DeVille, 1989 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, 1990 Pontiac Bonneville and 1996 Buick Skylark

Andrew Armitage

Here's a picture from the Cadillac Owner's Forum.  I have no idea what brand or model tires these are.  These appear to be the gold stripe ones.  At first I thougt they were white walls, but upon closer examination, it looks to be a reflection of the polished rims.  Either way though, I think they look good.
Andrew Armitage
Plainfield, IL
1941 67 Series
1966 Fleetwood 75 Series
1985 Seville
1991 Eldorado

argylejaguar

cadillacmike68

Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike