News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Recent posts

This may as well serve as a tutorial on how to write a "Dear John" letter in just 18 posts/57,000 words or less. At the ripe old age of 27 we know everything what works best in every situation for every single organization, non-sequitur analogies notwithstanding.  It's a mistake to presume that one size fits all. An argument that essentially boils down why we don't need lobster for basic daily sustenance any more than a Cadillac or classic car for transportation.

Speaking for myself, the close friendships I've made all over the country as a direct result of the CLC couldn't be measured in dollars and cents, to say nothing of the quality of expertise, support and appreciation of our cars unsurpassed on any other major platform or venue. It's very simple- if you want/appreciate premium service, you pay for it; if not, don't.

General Discussion / Re: Goodbye & thanks.
Last post by The Tassie Devil(le) - Today at 07:27:16 AM
Quote from: Big Fins on Today at 04:46:02 AMAnother thread with a never ending circle of BS

Bruce, you're slipping. Normally you would lock threads like this after the first few posts.

In a way, nice to see you allowing others to get their opinions out.
G'day John,

Not slipping, just letting him waste his valuable time and resources on the computer.

But, as it looks like, in a few days he will be history, so I suppose we are leaving him to dig himself into a hole.

But, having said that, at least it is getting out to other Non-Members that the Club is worthwhile joining.

Some of his posts have been locked by other Moderators.

Bruce. >:D
Last post by Bryan J Moran - Today at 07:19:59 AM
Time to shut this one down too. Like Laurie, we will never come to a mutual understanding with this anonymous poster. Except Laurie was a member and we knew her name.

He (or she) is painting with a broad brush about a club made up of many individuals.  When that happens it is time to shut a thread down. I've never met this guy, using an anonymous name, yet he has put me and all of us in the same corrupt (to him) group. 

It's no longer a constructive post.
For Sale - Cars / Re: 1952 coupe de ville fully ...
Last post by James Landi - Today at 07:06:11 AM
Finally gave in and went to 12volts for AC. I live in FL. Only reason

I get that!  Super heated engine start ups in Florida!  I always added a pint of Marvel oil with every fill up... it made a tremendous difference. Lovely car... hope you get your price.    James
Want To Buy - Parts / Re: Looking to purchase 390 en...
Last post by M. Bankes - Today at 06:59:50 AM
Hi,
I have a good 1960 - 1962 block, if you decide you want to rebuild one vs buying one already rebuilt
Thanks
Michael
David,
Don't know for certain, but in my experience, convertible frames have more heft (weight/strategic integrated structural steel) --- for example, the 80's Eldorado convertibles were 250 pounds heavier than the coupe-- (roof on sedans and coupes is lighter than the addition frame structure that keeps the car from bending!).  James
For Sale - Cars / Re: 1952 coupe de ville fully ...
Last post by Omarine - Today at 05:58:26 AM
Price drop: $27k
Last post by Carfreak - Today at 05:30:52 AM
About a dozen years ago, voters in our state decided they wanted nothing more to do with allowing people to smoke in public places including bars, bowling alleys, social halls & restaurants.

You would've thought the world was coming to an end the comments so many people posted and of course, the TV news stories. They were insistent, it was impossible to consume an alcoholic drink without a cigarette in their hand.

For years earlier, whenever you went to a restaurant and were asked if you wanted to sit in the smoking or non-smoking section, the smoking section would be mostly empty while the non-smoking section was full. You had a choice; you wait for a seat to open up in the non-smoking section or take your chances and be seated in the smoking section where at any moment they could also seat someone next to you that their cigarette smoke would blow over into your face and as a non-smoker it could ruin the enjoyment of your meal.

Or perhaps you would visit states like Florida that already had the law in place not allowing smoking in restaurants. What a joy to know that you would be able to sit anywhere in a restaurant and not have to consume someone else's lousy cigarette smoke.

Finally, the day came, the law went into effect, and no more smoking in public places. Many of the facilities took the opportunity to wash their ceilings, maybe their walls. Clean the windows, and start fresh, smelling fresh, and not like a dirty ashtray.

As far as I know, none of those places went out of business, because you could no longer smoke your cigarette and drink your beer inside. People just changed and adapted. With the vast majority of people these days being non smokers,  it was a good change and we have never looked back. Well, maybe to laugh and recalled that at some point, you could smoke cigarettes even on an airplane.

Yep, there were a lot of unhappy people, but the vast majority were very satisfied with the new rules that were put in place.

General Discussion / Re: USA headlights vs other re...
Last post by Big Fins - Today at 04:49:17 AM
Even sitting up high in my Peterbilt, LED lighting is overwhelming on the eyes. It doesn't get any better as I get older either.
Last post by Big Fins - Today at 04:46:02 AM
Another thread with a never ending circle of BS

Bruce, you're slipping. Normally you would lock threads like this after the first few posts.

In a way, nice to see you allowing others to get their opinions out.