News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1934 Cad/LaSalle Bi-Plain Bumpers Wanted

Started by 34lasalleclubsedan, July 02, 2017, 03:44:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

34lasalleclubsedan

Does anyone know if anyone has reproduced the Bi-Plane bumpers for 1934 LaSalle and Caddy? I am looking for a set or a nice used set for my 34 LaSalle Club Sedan.  Also, anyone restoring a 1934 LaSalle closed car,  I would be interested in the used front/back carpet and  the seat and door cloth if your going to have your car re-upholstered.  My car is a survivor car and I have some area's that need repair.  I would also be interested in NOS and used parts for a 1934 LaSalle. Also looking for a front license plate bracket/holder. Thanks, Jim
Jim Fredrick

LowSalle

Did you have any luck. I am looking for a set too.

34lasalleclubsedan

Jim Fredrick

docscantlin

I have a set, front and rear, bumpers for 1934 and "bullet" bumper "brackets". They are super rough and beat up. I would want $1,200 for all. I do believe they are restorable but not for the faint of heart.

Mike Baillargeon #15848

Hi Steve can you post some pictures of what you have?....these are impossible to find.....

I just had a pair fabricated.....Someone got in touch with me recently and needed what you have....

Thanks,    Mike
Mike
Baillargeon

docscantlin

Dear Mike:
I just found the four bullet shaped spacers/brackets. I have all four bumpers and a spare one as well. They are not bent to crap but twisted a bit and rusty with some rust through but I certainly believe restorable. I will send some photos tomorrow. I actually found these in Australia about 20 years ago and had them shipped to Maryland.

Mike Baillargeon #15848

Mike
Baillargeon

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Guys,
I remember that Custom Metal Shaping in LA made some 34 bumper bars years ago. I also remember the bullets were smaller on a LaSalle. Maybe even the length of the bars. Be careful...
Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

Mike Baillargeon #15848

Good to know Bob...

Looking at the specs of both cars the 1934 Cadillac was 9 inches longer in wheelbase and 2" wider in tread width at the rear than the 1934 LaSalle...

So the Cadillac was a bigger car overall...

But with everything else....adjustments can be made....we'll see

Mike
Mike
Baillargeon

docscantlin

I have found only one front "bracket". Weighs a "ton". I have the other three but might take a few days to locate in my basement "junk yard". The horizontal pieces (all 4 plus a spare front piece) actually don't look as bad as I remember. I can measure these parts if anyone is interested. I'll wait on any photos until I locate the other 3 brackets.
Thanks and hope I can help someone out. I'm sure these things are super rare.,
Doc Scantlin

William Aprile

docscantlin

Thought I answered this the other day but I don't see it....
I found all my parts and have them listed on eBay...
Just search: 1934 Cadillac Bumpers
$1,200  opening bid.
Doc Scantlin