News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1976 Cadillac Fleetwood Driver-Side Rear Fender / Quarter needed

Started by Znuh, September 01, 2017, 03:59:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Znuh

Good afternoon,

I'm about to purchase a very low miles, quite intact 1976 Fleetwood Brougham. The Kicker: the rear fender (Driver's side) was hit by a Town Plow Truck, which pushed a nice vertical crease into the car, just behind the rear door. I've included a picture.

I'm having trouble finding anything for replacement sheetmetal, it's so pushed in that there's no real hope of pulling this out. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement panel, either new or used?

Many thanks,

James F. Smith
Portland, Maine

The Tassie Devil(le)

Any Panel beater worth his salt will be able to get that dent out.

Easier than getting and fitting a replacement.   Plus, less damage to the surrounding area as well.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

V63

I have rust free 1/4's available for 74-75-76 fleetwood (i.e.: brougham) $400ea, in Arizona.

All Other parts available too

Znuh

Quote from: The Tassie Devil(le) on September 01, 2017, 07:02:09 PM

Quote from: V63 on September 01, 2017, 07:23:56 PM

I have rust free 1/4's available for 74-75-76 fleetwood (i.e.: brougham) $400ea, in Arizona.

All Other parts available too
Easier than getting and fitting a replacement.   Plus, less damage to the surrounding area as well.

Bruce. >:D

Bruce, V63, thank you for your quick replies! I'm going to take a proper look in one hour; with luck Bruce will be correct. If not, V63, could you kindly give me a way to contact you to order the quarter?

Best,

James F. Smith
Portland, Maine

Znuh

Just purchased the car, rust-free with the exception of rust starting on the C pillars, an apparent original 59,000 miles, $1100.

Bruce, I'm going to see about getting those dents pulled out; in person they don't look too bad.

Many thanks,

James F. Smith
Porltland, Maine