News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1961 Eldorado Concept Motorama Show Car

Started by Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621, August 31, 2012, 09:59:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Very unusual one-off factory show car. Lots of unique touches including console floor shifter, raised-center hood & full rear wheel openings. Very realistic asking price for a genuine factory custom.

http://orlando.craigslist.org/cto/3229502334.html
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

jagbuxx #12944

WOW!
That would be a car definitely to bring back to perfection.
Frank Burns #12944
76 Coupe d'Elegance EFI Galloway Green Firemist
70 deVille Convert San Mateo Red
61 Coupe Deville Bristol Blue
41 Series 61 Deluxe Coupe 6127D Black
08 STS 3.6 1SC  Thunder Gray
16 GTI Gray
03 T-Bird Black
16 Grand Cherokee Summit, Granite
19 Tiffin Phaeton 40AH
07 Corvette Blue
20 MB S450 White

"Whatever the occasion, there
is no better way to arrive than in a Cadillac.

It appears to have been sold from what I gather. I hope a CLCer got it. Somebody made a killing here.

76eldo

Hard to believe they went from the smooth clean lines of the 1960 and created so many angles and different shapes for the back of the '61.

It's a very unique find and it would be nice to see it restored to its original specs.

Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Guys,
I see no Motorama experts have commented. IS it a real car?? My opinion is it's not. What say others?
Does someone have a Motorama book?
Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

The only thing we don't know is if the data plate carries "XP" or some other special designation- which would pretty well ice it.

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Eric,
Thanks for posting the pic. I've changed my mind.
Bob

Davidinhartford

What's even more remarkable is that the seller apparantly had no idea what the car is. How often does that happen in this day & age?

I keep finding more special features with each additional pic. If only the guy who photographed the thing got a shot of the damn data plate. No doubt, we'll get to see it someday...when it's been refurbished and bearing an extra digit in the price tag.

Thanks for posting these. 

Davidinhartford

eric,

I didn't see the Craigslist ad you posted.   Did you get any pics from it?   

I just tried it Dave; it's still an active listing. However I did save the pics if you're unable to view them. Your pics were much more helpful.

Davidinhartford

I just get : This posting has been deleted by its author when I click the link you posted.

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Guys,
I asked him for a pic of the data plate. He responded the cars sold. I asked him if I could still get a pic. He has not responded. That was this afternoon.
Bob

Davidinhartford

Well, if they (Cadillac design studio) took a stock 61 convertible and reworked it with 62 preview features and some custom touches would they make a new plate for it?   

Rich S

Doesn't Ericdev's Motorama picture show the car on display with 1962 model Cadillacs? It is a unique part of Cadillac history, and I hope it is brought back to its original beauty!
Rich Sullivan CLC #11473

1971 Eldo Conv., 2013 CTS Cpe

Landyachtcaptain

S. Thomas
'76 Eldorado Conv.
CLC# 27529

Sorry- apparantly the ad had remained on my computer's cashe which is why it kept coming up for me. Refreshing the link eliminated it. Here is the original ad I had copied:

"Only 1450 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz convertibles were produced. It is estimsated that only 247 are remaining making this Cadillac a very unique vehicle. It has been stored in a garage since 1973. The exterior and interior are very clean. However, this is a car for someone whom wants to put alot of love and work to restore. Everything on it is original including the tires. It has 38,000 original miles. There is antidotal evidence that this Caddilac once belonged to Walter Hagen, the famous golfer. I will be in Florida from August 26 through August 29, 2012 to show the car. I am an anxious seller but rather firm on the price. It is a great value for the right buyer.

$18,000"

**I think the guy has been bombarded with messages informing him the car is a one-off Motorama concept car. Some people also told him it's a COPO car which of course, it is not. He probably doesn't want to know about that now that he's realized he undersold the car. I know a few guys from the 61-62 Cadillac Owner's Group contacted him as well. There had been a phone # with the original ad which got removed within a day or so.

I wonder what VIN# would've been used to register the vehicle since it has obviously been driven. I like the fact that it still has period Michigan license plate. There's no way this could've been an aftermarket job: A customizer would never have created a car that did not have reverse lamps. Also I do not believe these are the wheels the car had on at the show. The show car appears to have had something else. The hubcaps on the car are just stock black 1962 wheelcovers- that would not have been the case when the car had been on display.

rwchatham CLC 21892

Anyone have the phone number or email info from the original add? If you do please email it to me. Thanks
R. Waligora

jagbuxx #12944

Ericdev,
Looks like reverse lamps were in-betweeen the 2 round tail lamps.
Cars certainly looks like all the details were GM production quality, the interior, console etc.
Frank Burns #12944
76 Coupe d'Elegance EFI Galloway Green Firemist
70 deVille Convert San Mateo Red
61 Coupe Deville Bristol Blue
41 Series 61 Deluxe Coupe 6127D Black
08 STS 3.6 1SC  Thunder Gray
16 GTI Gray
03 T-Bird Black
16 Grand Cherokee Summit, Granite
19 Tiffin Phaeton 40AH
07 Corvette Blue
20 MB S450 White

"Whatever the occasion, there
is no better way to arrive than in a Cadillac.