News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1930 Cadillac Radio Wanted for Closed Car

Started by 34lasalleclubsedan, August 03, 2016, 12:24:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

34lasalleclubsedan

Wanted: The proper 1930 Cadillac Accessory approved radio for a closed car. I have the dial on the dash, but nothing else. I don't even know who made this radio. Any info and help greatly appreciated. Thanks, Jim
Jim Fredrick

34lasalleclubsedan

Thanks Joe for the link. Still looking for one. Best, Jim
Jim Fredrick

M. Bankes

Hi,
I have a really cool looking one that I believe is from a '36, I know it's newer that what you were looking for but thought I would put it out there just in case you couldn't find a '30
Let me know if you might be interested,
Thanks
Michael

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Jim,
Those radios were impossible to get 50 years ago. Do you have the controller that looks like the dial on a safe? If so, you have the hard part. My suggestion, find an original radio that's not for sale. Copy the outside & remote speaker. Put all new guts inside with FM & what ever other electronics  you desire. Forget about AM. Enjoy the tunes.
HTH, Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

34lasalleclubsedan

Hi there Bob, yes, we have the controller on the dash that looks like a dial for a safe. Missing all the rest. Just put the ad out in case someone has the speaker and amp box on a shelf. Kindest regards to you Bob.  8)Jim
Jim Fredrick

Joe Konarowski

I watch EBay and see the occasional parts of them. I watched a speaker with a $80. starting bid posted several times not sure if it ever sold.