News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

WTB Sabre Center Cap

Started by FabCad, April 13, 2014, 01:57:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FabCad

Looking for 2 center caps for Sabre wheels in chrome
1948 Sedanette
1949 Convertible
1950 Convertible
1957 Biarritz
1960 Convertible

FabCad

I just need 1 now... Anybody have one in stainless?
1948 Sedanette
1949 Convertible
1950 Convertible
1957 Biarritz
1960 Convertible

Paul Tesone

Fabrizio - talk to Craig at McVey's . I believe these chrome center caps will fit all the sabre wheels ( 1955-1958 ); but I also think there are differences in the size of the opening in the caps that accepts the medallion , and maybe also the number of concentric rings surrounding those openings . If so , you could end up with two different caps . I could be wrong . Worth a call before buying anything . If you find out , please post the correct answer . I'm curious myself . Good luck . ...Paul Tesone  CLC # 6876

brian faull clc#25881

I have some sabre caps, but he is correct there are differences between the years with the number of rings in the center and size of hole for emblem. If you have a picture of the one you want, I probably have one. Thanks, Brian. 412 952 6027. cadillac32v@hotmail.com
brian faull clc#25881

FabCad

Paul,
Thanks for the info. I didn't know the caps were different from year to year. I'm aware McVeys sells reproductions, but was hoping to find an original to match my current ones.

Brian,
Just sent you an email...
1948 Sedanette
1949 Convertible
1950 Convertible
1957 Biarritz
1960 Convertible