News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1976 Eldo conv rare colors?

Started by 60eldo, January 20, 2013, 08:53:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

60eldo

Just wondering,,1976 eldo conv that is white with white top, white leather seats,,,,,and FOREST GREEN carpet and dash,,, Dark green pinstriping,,,,is this rare combo?  Or what
Jon. Klu

TJ Hopland

I have a 73 that is the same combo.
StPaul/Mpls, MN USA

73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI
80 Eldo Diesel
90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

Davidinhartford

Rare?   Certainly not common.   Does the body plate verify that colour combo?   It wouldn't surprize me of the car was green originally.     White convertibles with white leather interiors typically had red, blue or black trim.   Maybe one of the guys with a 76 databook can verify the availability of how many white leather trims were offered that year.    My 75 book doesn't show any green and white combo listed, but my 74 book did.

Walter Youshock

My aunt and uncle had a '76 Town Car--white, black top and green leather interior.  They traded it in 1980 and got a call from the state police about a week later.  The car went to auction (remember the gas crisis back then--NOBODY wanted one of those beasts) and the police asked if they were aware the car had gone through a chop shop in Jersey and PART of it had been reported stolen in 1978.  Of course they didn't but that was the story of the strangest color combo car I can recall in our family!
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

76eldo

Back in 1976 a lot of these cars were ordered cars as opposed to in-stock cars sitting on the lot.

I'm sure you could have ordered that color dash if desired.

Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)