News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Technical / Authenticity / Re: Lifter adjustment
Last post by Roger Zimmermann - Today at 05:09:51 AM
To help a friend who has problems with his 1955 engine, I watched the video. Oh boy! so much unnecesssary explanation and at the end I still not understood well what he tried to explain. My ears don't have the habit to hear English from the UK, this may be one reason. On the other side, the next video was how to adjust the lifters from a Chevy engine. Even if the construction is different, the result is the same.
Anyway, on the Chevy engine, once the push rod is contacting the lifter and the rocker, 1/2 turn at the self locking nut is the way to adjust the lifter. How easy! As most lifters are more or less the same, what would represent 1/2 turn at the nut: about 1mm (0.04") or less? Or, said differently: what should be the distance between the "C" clip and the plunger at the hydraulic lifter?
I have to give an answer to that friend the next few days; he let restore his engine at the end of last year; the repair shop screwed up and he must begin from the start with new pistons, regrind the crankshaft...
Want To Buy - Parts / Re: Scam: Anderson 71
Last post by The Tassie Devil(le) - Today at 12:02:21 AM
Anderson71 has been banned this morning, my time, and his previous 6 posts have been removed.

This post is another message to all Members to be totally aware of Scammers, as they will do anything to part you from your money, with nothing in return.

Thankfully you have realised this.

BUT, please don't put email addresses or phone numbers in your posts, as this is asking for trouble.

Bruce. >:D 
General Discussion / Re: Post Wiper Blades
Last post by TJ Hopland - Yesterday at 11:52:07 PM
The original style had the spring that doubled as the tension for the blade support as well as dropped into the groove to hold it on the post. 

When you buy blades like he has you get a few different plastic inserts so one model can fit most applications.  Pretty much all you have to do is get the length correct.  If you don't like this I think you have to go to some place that sells reproductions or if you still have the originals special order the 'refill' that is just the rubber part. 
Want To Buy - Parts / 1970 M+M Hearse
Last post by Tony clc#24130 - Yesterday at 11:15:39 PM
I am looking for a tilt/tele for my newest addition to my 1970 collection. I also could use a nice horn pad and the silver wiper blade holders.
For Sale - Parts / Re: 1957 Eldorado parts for sa...
Last post by bigdcarnut - Yesterday at 10:40:39 PM
Sorry they have been sold.
General Discussion / Grand National Swap Meet????
Last post by Jeffrey mang - Yesterday at 10:40:03 PM
Can anyone tell me if there will be a swap meet during the week of the GN, and what day that might be????
General Discussion / Re: 1951 Caddy daily driver
Last post by Mowerhoarder - Yesterday at 10:15:01 PM
Dn,
Thanks! That's definitely more involved then I thought so I guess I should do it. Gotta order some plugs too cause mine are crusty.

The Tassie Deville,
Thanks! I definitely did not drive this car like it only had one brake so it's really a miracle it's still in one piece! Been cut off plenty of times and so many other things too. I guess I'm really glad I can finally stop the car too. 
Technical / Authenticity / Re: 62 Sedan DeVille Mystery D...
Last post by Carfreak - Yesterday at 09:50:42 PM
Anyone remember Robert Reeve from Lansing Michigan?  He had a 1959 SDV that he drove all over the country to attend GNs often pulling a trailer. 

He had annoying driveline vibration that drove him nuts. Finally after checking and replacing many parts, I think he found it was a defective harmonic balancer.
General Discussion / Re: Scams
Last post by Carfreak - Yesterday at 09:39:26 PM
Quote from: The Tassie Devil(le) on Yesterday at 09:08:04 PMThe biggest problkem with Spammers is that if Members continue the practice of putting their email address or phone numbers in their posts, they are asking for trouble.

Or putting their email address as their User Name.  Nothing like asking to be spammed or scammed.

Could a warning or suggestion be included during the new registrations process not to do this?