Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Technical / Authenticity / Re: Need advice-37 LaSalle
« Last post by Steve Passmore on Today at 05:05:46 PM »
Yes, that's how the old books used to advise. Much easier with plenty of hands.
No, I meant the difference, if any, between the top half and lower half at the crankshaft.  I'm wondering if the upper has an oil hole and channel.
Technical / Authenticity / Re: Upper vs. Lower Piston Rod Bearing
« Last post by Steve Passmore on Today at 05:02:26 PM »
If you mean are the connecting rod (Big end) and (Small end) bearing the same? the answer is no. Not in any engine I know of.
Technical / Authenticity / Upper vs. Lower Piston Rod Bearing
« Last post by Jim Salmi #21340 on Today at 04:58:43 PM »
Are the upper and lower piston rod bearings identical for a 1959 Cadillac?  Thanks in advance.
Restoration Corner / Re: Body # 1 1957 Cadillac Eldorado Brougham
« Last post by V63 on Today at 04:56:39 PM »
I just negotiated a deal on the brougham wheels!

in the event of non performance I will advise!

Also check out hemmings classic car dec 2017!
Want To Buy / Re: Crankshaft Hub Puller for Cadillac 500
« Last post by The Tassie Devil(le) on Today at 04:44:22 PM »
In your case, I would be holding one of the puller legs with a large shifter (Adjustable spanner) to stop it turning.

Bruce. >:D
Technical / Authenticity / Re: 1956 Generator
« Last post by James Landi on Today at 04:38:10 PM »
Alas, have to agree with Clay/Lexi --- your "dash pod" should entirely withdraw at idle, and is intended to extend and push the throttle to slightly rev the engine if the engine begins to lose power or begins a to develop a "rolling stall" as a consequence of an unusual power draw and/ or with temperature extremes.  You may well have the wrong gasket set for the intake to carburetor fit.
General Discussion / Re: 911 41 Water Pump failure - stuck in Williams
« Last post by virgil on Today at 04:13:02 PM »
Hi Eric.  If the impellor is brass or bronze you won't be able to tack it with a welder.   Also, if tack welding on a shaft supported by ball bearings be sure your ground clamp is on the shaft itself or you will "arc" the bearing and it will fail prematurely.
I would suggest that you install a battery disconnect while you are doing it. I put a rotary one in the kick panel on the drivers side. It is behind the enrage handle and hidden very well.
Technical / Authenticity / Re: 1956 Generator
« Last post by lexi on Today at 03:15:25 PM »
Barging is OK Chuck. Kinda sounds like you have a vacuum leak somewhere. Clay/Lexi
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10