Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
For Sale / 1961 Eldorado Biaritz FOR SALE
« Last post by Christy Guzzetta on Today at 12:55:08 PM »
One of 1,450   1961 Eldorado Biarritz's produced. Bucket seats - only about 500 produced with bucket seats. Factory air - think it works - never used. Very rare car. Needs a little TLC or proudly drive anywhere right now. New cloth top - beautiful. Polished chrome, beautiful finish.
Older restoration, still beautiful. Head turner.
Price: $35,000

contact christyguzzetta@gmail.com

Can send pictures if interested.
General Discussion / Re: Forum meet-up at GN?
« Last post by "Cadillac Kid" Greg Surfas 15364 on Today at 11:48:45 AM »
My seminar is scheduled for Friday at 1:00 PM.  They typically have 2 or possibly 3 rooms set aside for the seminars.
Regarding the "get together" timing around events is always an issue.  The Modified group has only been able to meet 3 times out of the last 10 or 12 years because of conflicts.
I'm going to suggest possibly Thursday evening as a time since Friday and Saturday have. GN events in the evening
Greg Surfas
Technical / Authenticity / Re: 1971 Eldorado mirror
« Last post by Cesar091665 on Today at 11:11:46 AM »
Thank you guys, I appreciate the info.  :)
One more question, is the mirror black or chromed?
Technical / Authenticity / Re: 1971 Eldorado mirror
« Last post by NORTHPORTGUY on Today at 11:06:29 AM »
If your tape measure is handy do me a favor and please  measure   i ask this because the observation I made as far as mounting too low was due  to my personal experience [or perhaps lack of experience]. 
 thanks

Ken Wiebke

member 23013
General Discussion / Re: Forum meet-up at GN?
« Last post by David Greenburg on Today at 11:04:26 AM »
I'm just gauging if there's interest at this point, although I was thinking of something more casual, like in a bar, rather than a meeting room. I'd be game for doing it after Greg's seminar unless we would lose too many people to the daytime activities.  I'll be skipping those, as I lived there for many years and don't need to see all the monuments again.
Want To Buy / Re: 1940 LaSalle Trunk Emblem
« Last post by zogman66 on Today at 10:59:41 AM »
That's great Chuck. I will go to your other post.
For Sale / Re: 1929 LaSalle convertible for sale
« Last post by Fhoff on Today at 10:55:22 AM »
Just hit the contact bar on ad, Ricky will respond to emails with all contact info. He has sent me additional photos and answered any questions.
Rassie,
From what I can see I believe you might have the crank gear on backwards.  The shoulder of the gear (now facing front) should go all the way back and the gears should line up.  You notice the space behind the crank gear? 
Attached picture shows set up prior to replacement on my '66.
Greg Surfas
General Discussion / Re: 74 fleetwood vacuum advance not working
« Last post by TJ Hopland on Today at 08:51:33 AM »
What usually causes you to have to replace the whole distributor is wear in the bushings or shaft.   An indicator of the condition is how steady the dwell reading is.   A badly worn distributor the dwell will tend to jump around especially as the rpms change.   A solid distributor the reading will remain steady.   Sometimes the weights and such can have issues but that didn't seem to be a problem with the points style, more common on the later HEI. 

Replacement vacuum canisters these days seem to be a one size kinda fits most sort of thing so looking for a 'performance' model that is adjustable as far as the amount of travel may be best so you can try and duplicate the original specs.   There should be several options.   I believe the top of the GM V8 distributors was pretty standard from the late 50's early 60's till the end.   It was the bottom that was different to fit different engines and then the 'tune' that varied.
While it more than likely needs to be replaced, it may just be frozen if it sat long. Hook a vac hose up to it and suck. If it holds vac then it may be good. If it like suckling thru a skinny straw (think coffee stirrer) then the diaphram is bad and needs replacing. If it is good then try to get it all moving in the distributor and lubricate. Don't get any lube on/around the points. However be prepared to replace it.
Jeff
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10