Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: What's under the tree for your Cadillac?
« Last post by David Greenburg on Yesterday at 08:04:45 PM »
Bruce:

I was referring to your metal mistress!  The one whose personal life is fair game here.
General Discussion / Re: Scams on the "wanted to buy" forum
« Last post by slowpoke17 on Yesterday at 08:02:13 PM »
Unfortunately I've learned to be less trustful of almost everything nowadays. I've seen various ads, purchased excellent cars from very reputable dealers only to find my definition of excellent didn't quite match their version. The best example I have to share was last year I was looking again to find another '84, '85 Eldorado. I found an ad with an '85 black one with good miles, located within 10 miles of my home. I read the ad and commented to my wife on how well written it was. I looked over the photos again and again as it seemed like something was odd. Then I realized their was a Ram 1500 in the background, I zoomed in and it just like mine, down to the last pinstripe. Then I noticed it was my old Eldorado that I sold two years prior to a dealer in Belgium. This person took my ad and posted it exactly as I had it. My car was that Bordeaux red and they thought it was black as it was very dark in the photos.
« Last post by Bobby B on Yesterday at 07:37:18 PM »
As for the last part, I don't have a mistress and what I do ...........  doesn't only happen at Christmas.   Every day is Christmas here.  ;)   I suppose that is in the "too much information basket?" ;) ;)
+1
or
#metoo

Any minute, someone's gonna slip and say what they REALLY want under their tree >:D.......
                                                                                                                   Bobby
Most probably because as the fuel level drops, the float starts to rise up and down as the fuel sloshes around in the tank.

Modern Sender Units have a baffle around the float to control this movement, and this would be especially true for cars with computer controls  as the sender unit is tied up with the trip computer, and a widely fluctuating sender would play havoc with the readings.

Bruce. >:D
Can anyone offer any insight as to reason fuel gauge does not read steady once it starts to fall from full tank and when driving. The indicator shifts back and forth.
It is not a big deal but if there is something that help stabilize the indicator that would be good to know. All the gauges we sent out for correction when conversion was done from 6-12v about 10 yrs ago.
Thank you for any thoughts, ideas on setting down the indicator.
Technical / Authenticity / Re: 1959 Cadillac heater core and valve
« Last post by Jeff Wilk on Yesterday at 06:25:02 PM »
These guys are awesome. They did my 1959 and others as well which looked the same.

http://www.caparadiator.net/

Jeff

« Last post by chrisntam on Yesterday at 06:09:35 PM »
David,

snip...   Every day is Christmas here.  snip...

+1

or

#metoo
For Sale / Re: 1965 Convertible; $2500 Bucket Seat Car
« Last post by Caddyholic on Yesterday at 06:04:35 PM »
Jim...can you still view the ad?   According to Bruce the CL listing was pulled two days ago... ???

Eric

I can not see it any more but did it look at it after the post about looking like a sbc
« Last post by The Tassie Devil(le) on Yesterday at 05:25:48 PM »
David,

I wish someone would buy me gifts for my car, but alas, that will never happen.

As for the last part, I don't have a mistress and what I do ...........  doesn't only happen at Christmas.   Every day is Christmas here.  ;)   I suppose that is in the "too much information basket?" ;) ;)

For Sale / Re: 1965 Convertible; $2500 Bucket Seat Car
« Last post by Barry M Wheeler #2189 on Yesterday at 05:09:54 PM »
Eric, "Post was removed by it's author." I guess that means that it's sold.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10