News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Recent posts

General Discussion / Re: Townhall Meeting with CLC ...
Last post by Bryan J Moran - Yesterday at 11:30:46 AM
Quote from: MultipleCaddies on Yesterday at 11:28:04 AMI would happily attend if I didn't live 2,500 miles away. The fact that the meeting is free doesn't make a meaningful difference in my ability to do so.

I do like how decisions made about how a forum used by people worldwide somehow have to be made in person at a meeting that most people cannot attend.

Mr or Mrs Doyle

We get it.  You aren't a fan of the decision to change the forum. 
General Discussion / Re: Goodbye & thanks.
Last post by Bryan J Moran - Yesterday at 11:29:15 AM
Quote from: Barry M Wheeler #2189 on Yesterday at 09:13:48 AMMany years ago, I goofed up judging Terry Wenger's 1939 Series 61 convertible coupe at an Indy show. He was very disappointed with me. Then, not too long after that, I had the absolute nerve to call him up and ask if he could board my daughter while she completed an internship in St. Louis.

He didn't even ask Nancy, his wife, before saying that "Sure, she can stay with us." And for icing on the cake, when Kimberly hit East St. Louis, her car stopped running. Not only did Terry come and get her, then return for the car, but Nancy gave her, her VW to drive to her work next morning.

One last thought... How many of you that are going to "pull up stakes and leave," if we "saw the error of our ways," and cancelled the membership requirement, would be the first to complain of being ripped off by a scammer. "Why can't the stupid officers do something about us getting ripped off?" Sometimes, you just can't please anybody!

That's a true friend to come to EAST St Louis and assist.

I have tried to be on both sides of this issue. I am leaning toward the pay the $25 to join. Or more for print copy. 

There are a LOT of free forums. Art Director isn't correct. AACA Forums for one are free. Studebakers Drivers Club, noted as a club that is larger then the CLC, is free.

On the other hand, a very specific club/forum is the Mark II Forum and you can't get "premium" content there without a "donation" and that is not a club just a forum. 
General Discussion / Re: Townhall Meeting with CLC ...
Last post by MultipleCaddies - Yesterday at 11:28:04 AM
I would happily attend if I didn't live 2,500 miles away. The fact that the meeting is free doesn't make a meaningful difference in my ability to do so.

I do like how decisions made about how a forum used by people worldwide somehow have to be made in person at a meeting that most people cannot attend.
General Discussion / Re: Wheres The Ark?
Last post by MultipleCaddies - Yesterday at 11:23:25 AM
Quote from: David King  (kz78hy) on Yesterday at 09:52:00 AMThis thread has become an example of J. Doyle getting his 1 pound argument for free.  Very clever of him.

https://www.google.com/search?q=monty+python+buy+an+argument&rlz=1C1GCEB_enUS999US999&oq=monty+python+buy+an&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUqBwgAEAAYgAQyBwgAEAAYgAQyBggBEEUYOTIICAIQABgWGB4yCAgDEAAYFhgeMggIBBAAGBYYHjINCAUQABiGAxiABBiKBTINCAYQABiGAxiABBiKBTINCAcQABiGAxiABBiKBTINCAgQABiGAxiABBiKBTIKCAkQABiABBiiBKgCCLACAQ&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:20eb4881,vid:uLlv_aZjHXc,st:0

It's actually just another example of how soft most people have become, that they simply cannot handle debating someone who has strongly held opinions and actually stands behind them. Instead of debating on the merits, they resort to insults and what they think are clever quips to get others laughing and on their side. Much easier to make someone else the villain than it is to actually debate the point, I've learned over many years of this.
Technical / Authenticity / Re: 1961 front fender intercha...
Last post by Caddyholic - Yesterday at 11:12:30 AM
use the 62 top trim and turn signal lights
Technical / Authenticity / Re: 1974 Eldorado hood oil-can...
Last post by Caddyholic - Yesterday at 11:09:25 AM
I had this with my 61. The rubber pads on top of he fender under the hood were missing when I bought the car. I got new ones from rubber the right way and that fixed it.
General Discussion / Re: Goodbye & thanks.
Last post by J. Skelly - Yesterday at 10:49:34 AM
Quote from: badpoints on Yesterday at 08:34:28 AMI will miss being able to post. I liked being helpful by posting pictures for anyone wanting to know what was original on a 67 SDV. Besides the point of forums should be free, my wife would give me crap about wasting money on my Cadillac. She is probably right, the hours I spend working on my Caddy is financially a waste of time, but it makes me happy. A few last pictures
Forums are not free since every club pays for a website on the Internet.  Members of the Cadillac-LaSalle Club pay for this as part of their annual dues. It's really a good value just to get the monthly magazine with its technical information and classified ads.  Hopefully you will reconsider. 
For Sale - Cars / Re: 1957 coupe deville, projec...
Last post by J. Skelly - Yesterday at 10:17:47 AM
It's difficult to ascertain the condition of the body from the lousy pictures.  Being an Arizona car, if it has minimal rust, it's a better starting point than most people have to start with.
Be sure all the choke linkage is free. Converting to an electric choke takes electrical work and some seemingly intricate work on the carb.
Greg Surfas