News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

free to good home

Started by william medlock, April 13, 2008, 08:44:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

william medlock

Need to get rid of a 1951 Cadillac 331 cid engine. It's locked up but all parts and pieces seem to be there. If anyones intrested, I live in upstate sc.

Stampie

I'll be up there in two weeks and I so would love to get it.  Wife would kill me though.

Stampie
If... the machine of government... is of such a nature that it requires you to be the agent of injustice to another, then, I say, break the law.  ~Henry David Thoreau, On the Duty of Civil Disobediance, 1849

If we desire respect for the law, we must first make the law respectable.  ~Louis D. Brandeis

william medlock

It's yours. Send me an email and we'll coordinate exchange. If you want more info, you can search "1951 engine". I posted it about a year ago to sell but no takers. There's more description on that post

Stampie

No really she would kill me.  I can explain the engine blocks for cars they belong to.  Hard to explain an engine for a car I don't own.  I wish you luck in your search.  Might try ebay and do a 1 cent sell.  Of course I tried that once with a 472 and no one bid.

Stampie
If... the machine of government... is of such a nature that it requires you to be the agent of injustice to another, then, I say, break the law.  ~Henry David Thoreau, On the Duty of Civil Disobediance, 1849

If we desire respect for the law, we must first make the law respectable.  ~Louis D. Brandeis

Stampie

Just thought of something.  Might try that yard on 385 near Grey Court.  They might be willing to take it off your hands.  I know they will want to make a buck off it but maybe it will one day get to someone that could use it at least.

Stampie

Ed Knierim

If it has them, I could use the oil filter and/or a fuel filter (originals).

william medlock

Stampie,
Tell your wife you are getting it for her--- you know, like a gift, LOL. Oh well, I thought you might be taking it out of my shop. Maybe I'll try Ebay or Craigs list.

Ed,
I really want to get this engine out of my shop and pulling parts off it would make it harder to get rid of. I'm going to try couple more things like stated above before part it out or throw it out. I'll repost as a parts engine before I discard it though.

Nasser Almasary

call the scrap metal yards, with the high prices of steel you could get more than you think.
Nasser,
1939 60 special
1947 convertible
1972 Eldorado convertible