News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

radio 1990 brougham

Started by gerald ross, April 19, 2008, 08:55:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gerald ross

WTB: the stereo on my '90 brougham si going kaput.  i get a more or less constant noise coming from the two front speakers regardless of radio reception (or even if on or not), as well as engine noise proportional to speed.  also the antenna no longer goes down when the radio is switched off, but does go down when the engine is switched off.  the radio in there is the original with the casette option, not c.d. player.
will replacing the whole unit solve this annoying problem?  and if so, does anyone out there have one?
thanks,
gerald

Joe Manna

Gerald,I have the factory radio from my 91 Brougham.If interested,$100.00+shipping.My number is 1-908-964-0766.
Thanks,Joe
1951 Chevrolet Bel-Air-50's Style Custom
1963 Cadillac 4 Window Sedan deVille
1991 Cadillac DW69 Brougham,All original and used daily
2015 Cadillac SRX

Walter Youshock

Gerald,

The "radio" in the dash is only a control head.  There is a remote receiver box under the dash to the left of the steering column that is most likely the culprit.  You can actually turn on the radio and unplug the dash unit and it will still hold the radio station!  All functions go through the under dash unit, not the part with all the buttons.

A quick fix may be to run a ground wire from the control head (radio) to a ground in the dash.  The best option is to send both the remote receiver and the control head out to be rebuilt.  The buzzing definitely comes from the receiver under the dash.
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

gerald ross

dear walter,
thanks for that info.  any recommendations on outfits to send the units?
jr