News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

WANT TO BUY A/C Heat Control Dial for '70 Cadillac Convertible

Started by FRANK STAGNITTO, June 20, 2008, 01:51:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FRANK STAGNITTO

I AM LOOKING FOR A COMPLET & WORKING A/C--HEAT CONTROL DIAL LOCATED IN THE LOWER INST.PANEL. ON THE LEFT SIDE OF THE STEERING WHEEL  PLEASE ADVISE IF YOU CAN HELP.

THANX,

FRANK STAGNITTO CLC# 13539.

The Tassie Devil(le)

G'day Frank,

I took the liberty of changing the heading to reflect that you are wanting to buy a part, and not a complete car.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

"Cadillac Kid" Greg Surfas 15364

Frank,
At the risk of seeming simple (or special as they say in Texas), is your Contoller bad and how do you know?
If the first question is a moot point, I would recommend Old Aire in Dallas, Texas.  I have faith in their quality of workmanship.
If that doesn't pan out and if calls to all the regular Cadillac "recyclers" comes up blank, perhaps we can diagnose and repair your controller.
Greg
Cadillac Kid-Greg Surfas
Director Modified Chapter CLC
CLC #15364
66 Coupe deVille (now gone to the UK)
72 Eldo Cpe  (now cruising the sands in Quatar)
73 Coupe deVille
75 Coupe deElegance
76 Coupe deVille
79 Coupe de ville with "Paris" (pick up) option and 472 motor
514 inch motor now in '73-

Ted in Olympia WA

Anybody know what year is the same as the 70?  I might have a 1971.
TED
Selling used Eldorado Parts from 1971-1978.  Member Number 25659.

FRANK STAGNITTO

THANX TED, I CAN USE ALL THE HELP I CAN GET.  HOPE SOME ONE OUT THERE CAN ANSWER THE QUESTION.  I WOULD THANK THE PART WAS USED IN '71 OR EVEN AS EARLY AS 66.67.& 69.

I'LL STAY TUNED.

FRANK

Glen

According to my ’74 parts book the CONTROL, INSTST. PANEL, HEATER AND AIR CONDITIONER for the ’70 Cadillacs (except 75 series) is the same as the ’69 Cadillacs.  But the ’71 carries a different part number. 

Glen

Glen Houlton CLC #727 
CLCMRC benefactor #104

"Cadillac Kid" Greg Surfas 15364

Frank,
Glen's parts book is correct.  The 69 and 70's were the same.  Anything earlier or later is a different physical shape and the actual controls are not the same in operation.  I go back to an earlier question of the control head having been correctly tested and what part has proven defective.
For this era if the used part cannot be found, and there is no one offering a guaranteed replacement, a component by component test can usually result in the replacement or repair of that component.  Believe it or not it is not "rocket science"
Greg
Cadillac Kid-Greg Surfas
Director Modified Chapter CLC
CLC #15364
66 Coupe deVille (now gone to the UK)
72 Eldo Cpe  (now cruising the sands in Quatar)
73 Coupe deVille
75 Coupe deElegance
76 Coupe deVille
79 Coupe de ville with "Paris" (pick up) option and 472 motor
514 inch motor now in '73-

FRANK STAGNITTO

THANX GREG.  I AM HEADED TO HOME, PALM SPRINGS TOMORROW AND I WILL CHECK THINGS AT MY SHOP.  GOOD TO HEAR FROM GLEN, & YOUR AGREEMENT, THAT ONLY THE '69 & '70 ARE THE SAME.

STAY TUNED.

FRANK