Author Topic: Idea  (Read 1870 times)

Offline LM 25575

Idea
« on: March 10, 2010, 02:42:14 AM »
Hi,

first of all. The forum looks great and thanks to people which works hard to keep it running.

But....I was wondering if, maybe, would maybe better to have, in every section,  some sub-sections listed by decades, at least. This would make looking for topics about a particular car easier. Sometimes titles do not report titles which the topic is related to so there is even the risk to miss something interesting. In this way, instead, even if kind of car is missing in the title,  people would know topic talks about the car of a particular decade.
Sorry for my poor english.

Luca
L. Marzana
- 1949 Cadillac 62 4 door
- 1981 HD FLTC

Offline TJ Hopland

Re: Idea
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 08:46:27 AM »
I and others have made similar suggestions in the past but those in charge of such things and apparently most of the users seem quite happy with the way things are.   It has got a bit better as far as people getting important details in the subject line but obviously people could still do better.   All we can do is try to set a good example by posting clear subjects (like at least including thel model year) and hope others figure it out and do the same.   It drives me nuts when there are no clues to what year and model car they are asking about and when there is not even a hint of what part of the world they are in.  I understand people that have security concerns but at least the general region you are located in could be very useful info.   Climate and parts availability can really effect the answers to many questions especially on a site like this that has international users/members.   
StPaul/Mpls, MN USA

73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI
75 Eldo rusty but trusty
80 Eldo Diesel
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason