News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1941 Coupe 6227 restoration progress

Started by kkarrer, October 06, 2011, 10:08:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gene harl

Ken... that realy looks nice...if you can do work like that , you will  have no trouble repairing that trans..its just nuts bolts and snap rings.. you just need a good book, 150 pages or more..let me know how you are doing...
   Gene Harl    CLC 22406

kkarrer

Gene,
      Thanks.  Glad you enjoyed the pictures.  I hope that Glenn and I get going on that transmission in the next day or two.  If not, I'll jump on it on my own.  Either way, I'll stay in touch with you.
Ken

VooDoo

Who did your dash? Is it painted or hydro-dipped?  Thanks Beautiful ride
Andy Fulenwider
1937 75 Series Convertible
1947 62 Series Custom Project

kkarrer

Andy,
      The dash and all of the trim around the windows was done when I bought the car. I think they were done in the 80's out in California.  The trim pieces were still wrapped and in pretty good shape.  The dash had been dinged up a bit and gouged in places.  I mixed up some paint and did the touch ups by hand and then clear coated the dash and the trim pieces.  If you're starting from scratch you basically have two choices...the dip (I never found out who does it, but it looks cool...like a big decal) or the roller approach.  There's a company that sells the rollers and paints (inks actually).  They're on the internet.  They'll send you a dvd on how to do it. Can't remember the name right now, but I'll look them up for you in my notes.  I'm thinking that I may do that when I finally get to retire.  We're just about done with the leather interior on this car and the lifters have finally quieted down.  Finally in the home stretch on this one.  I'll post some more pictures soon.
Ken Karrer 1941 6227D coupe

kkarrer

Here are the latest pictures.  We don't have the seats in yet, but all of the other upholstery is complete and the windows are in.
Ken Karrer 1941 Cadillac 6227D coupe

Andrew Armitage

Very nice!  Great attention to detail...

The dash looks amazing!  Keep us posted, I can't wait to see the finished product.
Andrew Armitage
Plainfield, IL
1941 67 Series
1966 Fleetwood 75 Series
1985 Seville
1991 Eldorado