News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Restoring my 1942 6719

Started by gary griffin, October 18, 2011, 12:15:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gary griffin

I will try again but my last blog disappeared.

I bought this car in late 2010. It was missing more parts than the previous owner told me about so did a thurough inventory then I spent several months aquireing parts.
    The help I got from club members was great and I hope I thanked them enough for their assistance. 1942 parts that are specific to that year only were the worst. Fog lamp lens for example and the foot rests are also 1942 only. I could go on but you get the idea.
    This sumer I finished restoration of my Lil Red Express truck and went to work on the Cad. First I removed all of the glass and luckily the only window that was suitable for reuse was the curved rear window. I cleaned it up (It had been a rodent hotel for years) and disassembled a lot of minor parts to refurbish seperatly. Then I sent it to the paint and body guy I use. I will try to get this in order.
Gary Griffin

1940 LaSalle 5029 4 door convertible sedan
1942 Cadillac 6719 restoration almost complete?
1957 Cadillac 60-special (Needs a little TLC)
2013 Cadillac XTS daily driver

gary griffin

We took the car down to bare metal and the body was in wonderful condition showing very littel previous repairs. The right rear fender showed the most . It was free of all but minor surface rust as it was stored in the desert for 30 years.
Gary Griffin

1940 LaSalle 5029 4 door convertible sedan
1942 Cadillac 6719 restoration almost complete?
1957 Cadillac 60-special (Needs a little TLC)
2013 Cadillac XTS daily driver