News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

49 Fleetwood restoration

Started by jyinger, November 03, 2011, 12:52:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jyinger

Hi Guys.

I have wanted to organize my photos of my old cars for years now, so I finally have got it started.  I've been working on restoring my seven 1956 Chrysler Imperials since 2007,  the photo album, I thought I'd start with Lily, my first '49 Fleetwood.  Well, actually it's my fourth; I owned three others way back in the late 1970s.

Anyway, I am still a total neophyte doing this; so.....here is the first set of photos.  I'll add a little narrative to each photo a little later.  For now, I'd love to get some feedback on what I have posted so far. 

The first photo shows me tinkering on my first '49 Fleetwood in 1978.  Sadly, I know longer own that car, or her eleven brothers and sisters.  The last photo is of my latest '56 Chrysler Imperial, and I included it because is shows the restoration shop, Brea Auto Electric, in the background.  I added a comment giving those guys the credit for their magnificent work.

Here is the link:      http://www.flickr.com/photos/69363356@N04/

Jon Yinger       jyinger1email addresses not permitted

Jon Yinger

Aaron Hudacky

Jon,

Your blue Imperial looks impressive, and your 49 Fleetwood looks like it will be similar quality when done. I will be checking back to look for new photos.

1970 Eldorado
1978 Coupe deVille
1979 Coupe deVille
2008 Subaru STI

Jeff Maltby 4194

Great pictures Jon. you must know Lowell Howe up here in Patterson, Ca with all the Imperials ?
Jeffo 49er chapter

CLC 1985
Honda Gold Wing GL1500

Gene Beaird

Gorgeous Imperial, Jon!  My aunt and uncle, who lived in California had a 56.  I rememember it was two-tone blue, but it's been a long time since I've seen it.  I think they had a couple of hundred thousand miles on it when they sold (or gave) it away in the mid-70's, I think.  We had an opportunity to get it, but had to get out to Whittier from Houston to drive it back, and I think school was still in session at the time.  I never knew what happened to that car.  I would have loved to get it. 

The Caddy looks like a fun project too.  Keep up the good work!

Gene Beaird,
1968 Calais
1979 Seville
Pearland, Texas
CLC Member No. 29873

Antoni Deighton

Beautiful cars. And the restorations look first rate. Keep posting more pix, they're an inspiration!
Antoni Deighton - CLC# 25867
1967 Cadillac Eldorado - (Grecian White)
1978 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham - (Arizona Beige)
1965 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GT - (Bluette)