News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Looking to buy Cadillac parts

Started by clockman1700, February 03, 2012, 11:57:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clockman1700

Good Morning,
                    I am trying to find a cigarette_ cigar lighter that would have been in a wood vanity. It is a cylinder shape with a threaded end on the bottom for electrical connection. It has a diameter of 7/8, a surface lip which is slightly wider, and a length of approximately 1 1/2 inches without the actual lighter. I am also looking for the actual stone guard pans for a 1939 Model 75. The set that I bought are too small and are obviously inncorrect. Any help with these items would be greatly appreciated.
                                                            Best Regards,
                                                                               Barry
                                                                                        clockman1700@comcast.net
BarryTorrente                                                                                                          1939 Brunn town car 75

genegrundmann

Please contact me at gggmag@aol.com. I believe I have the lighter part you need and will send you photos.
Gene

Brad Ipsen CLC #737

Barry,

Could you describe what you mean by the stone guard pans a little more.
Brad Ipsen
1940 Cadillac 60S
1938 Cadillac 9039
1940 Cadillac 6267
1940 LaSalle 5227
1949 Cadillac 6237X
1940 Cadillac 60S Limo

clockman1700

Hi Brad,
           The pans are the ones that fit on the right and left side of the engine to deflect dust and stones. They are sheet metal, painted black, with tabs to connect them to the frame. I spoke with Bruce about these and he did not have any extra, but suggested that if anyone had made a pattern of them that maybe they would share the info so that they could be made. If I can't find them, I will probably make them and save my patterns for anyone who might come across the same issue.
                                                                                   Thanks Barry
BarryTorrente                                                                                                          1939 Brunn town car 75

genegrundmann

You may want to contact member Bill Bickel. I loaned him a pair of the guards about 8 years back and he had someone make a number of reproductions. He may still have some.
Gene