News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Sunshine Turret Top

Started by revgawright, April 24, 2012, 11:34:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

revgawright

I have a 1939 Cadillac LaSalle with Sunshine Turret Top (AKA: Sunroof) and an looking for a new rubber seal for it. Haven't been able to locate one yet. Steele Rubber Products doesn't carry it. I thought for sure they would. There just weren't enough cars made with sunroof in 1939 to make it cost effective. Other GM vehicles used the same body style and some offered the sunroof option. Does anyone know if these seals are compatible or have any ideas where I might look for one?

Thanks,

Gary Wright
G. A. Wright
Restitutio ad integrum!!!

Steve Passmore

Perhaps you will have to look for the individual rubbers and join them yourself Gary rather than get a complete gasket. many cars had these sun roofs here in England, maybe something available here could help you? You will need to post some profiles of the rubber and Ill see whats about, thats if you have any patterns?
Steve
Steve

Present
1937 60 convertible coupe
1941 62 convertible coupe
1941 62 coupe

Previous
1936 70 Sport coupe
1937 85 series V12 sedan
1938 60 coupe
1938 50 coupe
1939 60S
1940 62 coupe
1941 62 convertible coupe x2
1941 61 coupe
1941 61 sedan x2
1941 62 sedan x2
1947 62 sedan
1959 62 coupe

C.R. Patton II

Hello Gary

Good to hear you are improving your LaSalle. As you know your car is very rare. According to my GM Body Manual, other manufactures also had limited production turrret tops. Cadillac and Buick. You also may want to call Steele and Kanter to purchase something similar then craft to fit?

I look forward to seeing your car in St. Augustine at the Grand National.
All good men own a Cadillac but great gentlemen drive a LaSalle. That is the consequence of success.

revgawright

Chuck Patton wrote: I look forward to seeing your car in St. Augustine at the Grand National.

Gary replies: It will be a long time before it's ready for that! Lucky if I can make it to the end of the street! Thanks for your suggestions. Steele doesn't have anything to fit the bill. Will have to figure out something.

G A Wright
G. A. Wright
Restitutio ad integrum!!!