News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Black '59 60S on Ebay

Started by David Greenburg, March 17, 2013, 05:10:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Greenburg

Not sure if anyone here is bidding on or following the the black '59 60S currently on Ebay, but if so, I am familiar with this particular car and its history.  Feel free to PM or email me.
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville
'61 Fleetwood Sixty Special

Jeff Wilk

From looking at the pictures it does not seem to be as original as the ad states......to start, I see a dual master cylinder (I actually am in favor of this but it is not original), and the interior looks replaced (correctly, but again, can't say for sure if it is all original)
"Impossible Only Describes The Degree Of Difficulty" 

Southern New Jersey

1959 Cadillac Fleetwood Sixty Special
1975 Eldorado Convertible (#12 made)
1933 Phaeton Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"
1933 Master Sedan Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"

SOLD
1976 Cadillac Mirage (factory authorized Pick-Up)
1958 Cadillac Sixty-Special
1958 Cadillac Sixty-Special
1958 Cadillac Sedan
1958 Cadillac Coupe Deville

Davidinhartford

Correct or not, it is freaking fabulous!

And Jeff is right.  Alot of people have upgraded to the dual master cylinder for safetys sake.

59-in-pieces

I do not want to negatively dog pile on this car on details and upgraded safety, but rather point out that it is a handsome car and presented well.
On the other hand, the invaluable personal knowledge of details offered up about the car's history may however be worth more than a pretty face well photographed, at least before I would put my money down...
Steve B.
S. Butcher

Brian Laurance

I am surprised that this car did not pull significantly higher bids on Ebay.  The reserve was not met at $28,600.  Within the past year, we have seen '59 Pontiac and Buick 4-door hardtops draw Ebay bids in this same dollar range, and I expected that this beautiful Sixty Special would have garnered substantially more.

I believe that a Woodrose '59 Sixty Special attracted bids in excess of $90,000 at an auction last year, and I doubt whether that particular car was nicer than this one.

David Greenburg

The woodrose '59 was an immaculate and exceptional car from everything I heard about it, a true #1 car, although I think the price was a pretty extreme outlier.  I know this car, and it is a decent driver, perhaps a 3-.  I would encourage anyone seriously interested in it to go look at it first.   
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville
'61 Fleetwood Sixty Special