News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Painting My 70 Deville

Started by aod92, March 25, 2013, 09:16:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aod92

Heres a few pics I would like to share with you guys. Just recently finished painting my 70 Deville. Also pulled the motor to re seal everything and clean everything up under the hood as well.

Heres the car the day I brought it home. This was last year in Sept.

Some shots of the dirty motor before I pulled it.

All cleaned up.

aod92

Getting Started On Body Work

Painted the wheel wells gloss black. Thought it was a nice touch.

Heres what the car looks like today. Still need to install the interior because I'm waiting on my carpet.

My plans are to lower the car with some Jamco springs for a better stance. This is my first Cadillac, and can't wait to enjoy it this summer!

mgbeda

Wow, that came out gorgeous.  And you work fast!  I'm sure you will be having a great time this summer.

-mB
-Mike Beda
CLC #24610
1976 Sedan DeVille (Bessie)

Buster Miller

WOW!! She's a real beauty!! Congratulations!!!

pinkcaddy96

Congratulations!  Another classic still on the road.

cadillacmike68

It looks very nice. Are you going to put the side moldings back on?
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

aod92

Quote from: cadillacmike68 on March 28, 2013, 10:56:33 AM
It looks very nice. Are you going to put the side moldings back on?
When I bought the car they were gone. I found a guy locally that had them, but wanted around 1500 for the set. I would like to put them on, if I find some for a decent price.

aod92

Do you guys think the car looks plain without the mouldings?

Gene Beaird

Nice work!  When I looked at the first picture, I thought 'nice paint job he did.'  Then realized that's what the car looked like _before_ the paint work.  You did a very nice job with the paint. 

The car definitely looks different w/o the rocker mouldings.  I think that even with the silver(?) paint, it'll look like something's missing, especially in side-view, where you have the chrome bumpers at each end and no chrome between.  Additionally, those rockers do protect the paint from the almost invisible sand blasting that part of the car will be exposed to every time you drive it. 

I'd continue your quest to find rockers and install them, but that's just me.

Gene Beaird,
1968 Calais
1979 Seville
Pearland, Texas
CLC Member No. 29873

cadillacmike68

Quote from: aod92 on March 28, 2013, 08:38:59 PM
Do you guys think the car looks plain without the moldings?

Well, it's definitely different. Earlier Fleetwoods and ElDorados didn't have mid-height moldings, but those lines had large moldings along the bottom of the car.  Then the 1969 or 70 Fleetwood added a nice mid level molding as well.

One thing they do is protect the sides of the car.

They're not going to be cheap, that's for sure, so i feel for aod92. If you do get then, though, be sure to get the read side "De Ville" scripts as well.
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike