News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

58 Fleetwood Limo project

Started by Matt Ferrall, November 12, 2014, 09:42:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt Ferrall

Smedly

Lookin good, some impressive work. Keep the pictures coming. I find them very inspirational.
When a Doctor "saves a Life" it does not necessarily mean that that life will ever be the same as it was, but he still saved it. My 46 may not be as it was but it is still alive.
Sheldon Hay

Bobby B

Hey Matt,
   Nice Work! No grass growing under your feet…..Very Motivational!
                                                                                     Bobby
1947 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible Coupe
1968 Mustang Convertible
1973 Mustang Convertible
1969 Jaguar E-Type Roadster
1971 Datsun 240Z
1979 H-D FLH

Matt Ferrall

Matt Ferrall

Well time for exhaust. Can anyone recommend a stainless solution without resonators and stock hangers for this car? 58 Fleatwood series 75 cc.
Thanks.

James Landi

Can't help you with your question, but want to thank you for the pictures, and as noted before, the inspiration!   And do keep those pictures coming... they are an amazing record of your work.   Best regards!

Matt Ferrall

Matt Ferrall

The engin and Trans after five years finally found there way home!

Matt Ferrall

James Landi

Absolutely beautiful--- a sight to behold, and truly and inspiration!

Matt Ferrall

Thank you. I am still waiting on the break kit to arrive. I guess I'm at a stand still since I am out of parts to put on. I guess a day off won't hurt.

Matt Ferrall

Well still no parts. Might as well keep cleaning.

Matt Ferrall

After putting the drive shaft in the sand blaster, two coats of primer, two coats of silver base and two coats of clear.

myfiat

Hi
I have just bought a 1958 Cadillac Coupe Deville in South Florida and I was wondering if you might know a bit about the 58 Cadillac, for example can any 58 model Cadillac windscreen fit my coupe? Also does this apply to steering wheels. If you know of anyone who could help I would greatly appreciate their contact details.

Thanks

Scott

Matt Ferrall

Hi Scott. Rubber the right way carries a lot of glass for the 58. I am looking in there catalog and it looks like there are different windshields for different models. Clayton at rubber the right way is who I deal with. 866-789-7879. As far as the steering wheel, I'm not sure.
Hope this helps.
Matt

Matt Ferrall

Drive shaft is in and fuel lines and filter are done. I got the silver carb paint from Eastwood so I'm going to move on to that next.

Matt Ferrall

Matt Ferrall

Well just for an update. I fired up the engine Friday night and while I was breaking it in, it started to develop a slight knock. Oil pressure went way low at idel so I knew I had to pull the engine back out to see what happend. Sure thing rod and mains didn't look good. I dropped the engine off today at the machine shop to have the whole thing gon through and checked. I should have a perfectly balanced ,assembled long block when I get it back. I'ts a set back but it's better to have it happen now instead of after the car is finished.

Bobby B

Hey Matt,
Sorry about the set-back, but better now than later when you are further along. Do me a favor a give yourself a pat on the back my brother. I can't believe the progress you've made in less than one month. I'm Impressed! I'm sure you'll find something else to continue with while the engine is being gone over. Keep up the Great Work!
                                                                            Bobby
1947 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible Coupe
1968 Mustang Convertible
1973 Mustang Convertible
1969 Jaguar E-Type Roadster
1971 Datsun 240Z
1979 H-D FLH

Matt Ferrall

Thanks again Bobby. You are right better now than later. Still no brakes yet. Very disapointing!!! It's ok. It's Christmas so I want to wish you and your family as well as everyone on this forem a very, very merry Christmas and happy new year.