News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1960 4Dr, 4Window "Flat Top"

Started by JoeKarasinski, January 12, 2015, 12:40:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

59-in-pieces

Joe,
I just read about your efforts, although I focus on 59's, I still love the flat top 4 drs for both years.
IMHO, they are much more attractive than the round top 4 window or 6 window 4drs.
Gr8 effort and results.
Steve B.
S. Butcher

David King (kz78hy)

Joe,

Did you buy that plating kit?

If yes, give me a call as I might have some parts to plate. I can buy the chemicals.

David
David King
CLC 22014  (life)
1958 Eldorado Brougham 615
1959 Eldorado Brougham 56- sold
1960 Eldorado Brougham 83- sold
1998 Deville d'Elegance
1955 Eldorado #277
1964 Studebaker Commander
2012 Volt
CLCMRC benefactor 197

Director and Founder, Eldorado Brougham Chapter
Past President, Motor City Region

Rare Parts brand suspension parts Retailer via Keep'em Running Automotive

JoeKarasinski

Hi Dave,
I did not. I was talking to my neighbor Tom Deptulski and he said that we have a guy down the street that will did all the hardware plating for the 41 cheap and that I should use him again. So as soon as I finish getting the bolts and stuff ready I'll be talking to him. (should be soon)

Blade

Quote from: 59-in-pieces on March 14, 2015, 12:30:24 AM

IMHO, they are much more attractive than the round top 4 window or 6 window 4drs.

Steve,

Correction: there is no 'round top 4 window' in 59/60, the 4 windows were the flat tops. ... ;)

-Tibor

JoeKarasinski

I was striping down the frame today and found the shocks are Delco brand and the brake shoes are too. So I'm guessing they are original or at least was serviced by the dealership. Is there a way to figure it out?

59-in-pieces

Tibor,
OOOOPPPPPSSSSS
My BAD.
I had a senior moment - confusing the 56 Sedans with 4 and 6 windows - but forgot NO flat tops.
So I was really screwed up - talk about apples and oranges.
Thanks,
Steve B.
S. Butcher

JoeKarasinski

So here's where we're at today.

Body and frame ready to go to sandblasting! Well, except for a few little odds and ends that is. Couple pieces of trim, some floor pan plugs a couple of grounding straps and the stabilizer bar still need to be pulled.

C.R. Patton II

Hello Joe

Nice work and great progress!
All good men own a Cadillac but great gentlemen drive a LaSalle. That is the consequence of success.

JoeKarasinski

I haven't updated in a long time. I didn't work as hard on her as I should have over the summer and now we only 5 months till April. It may still happen.

Since I last posted here. The engine is done except the carb and fuel pump are with my neighbor for rebuilding. The trans has been gone through and seals replaced. Frame sand blasted and powder coated, All the front and rear suspension parts blasted and painted new brake and fuel lines and just needs to all be assembled. The wheels are sand blasted and painted waiting for me to order tires.

The floors and rockers and quarters blasted, patched, primed and blocked once. 1 more prime and blocking and shes ready for paint.

Still have the doors, fenders, hood, trunk lid and skirts to do. Never got around to sending the bumpers out for chrome or ordering material for the seats, carpet and headliner.

So with time getting very limited I will probably wait till after to get the bumpers, seats, dash pad and other things done. Might not even be completely painted but we'll see.

patton6606@gmail.com

Ladies and gentlemen

I had the privilege to view this 6239 Karasinski Family restoration.  The attention to detail is fantastic!  Thank you for sharing.