Author Topic: Deleting email address from Profile  (Read 1268 times)

Offline Jakes

• CLC Member
      CLC Member #29137
  • Name: Paul Jacobs
Deleting email address from Profile
« on: June 25, 2015, 08:34:21 PM »
In my Profile, how do I eliminate my displayed email address, yet still enable members to directly contact me by clicking on the small envelope icon on the left?  I notice that the Profiles of many members do not list their email address, but do show the envelope icon on the left.  I can't find the way do this in the Profile or Account settings (..I'm sure it's hiding in plain sight).  Please advise.  Many thanks for your help.
Paul Jacobs
1978 Cad. Eldo. Custom Biarritz
CLC # 29137

Online Steve Passmore

• Name: Steve Passmore
Re: Deleting email address from Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2015, 02:23:41 AM »
As far as I know Jakes thats only there when you look at it and not for the general public.   I have just looked at your profile and it is not showing me your email address.
If you didn't have an address listed then the forum could not pass on messages to you. Perhaps the moderators will clarify?
Steve

Offline The Tassie Devil(le)

• Administrator
    • CLC Member
      CLC Member #18992
  • Name: Bruce Reynolds
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2015, 02:59:37 AM »
Your email address is only visible to yourself, and the Forum Administrators.

This is the reason why it is shown in italics.

If someone sends you a Personal Message (PM), the message is forwarded to your email address, and the sender doesn't see it.

This is the reason why a correct email address is required on sign-up, and why any change in address needs to be included when it changes.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'55 Buick Special Post Coupe (LHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing RHH
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Offline Jakes

• CLC Member
      CLC Member #29137
  • Name: Paul Jacobs
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2015, 03:13:18 PM »
Thank you, gentlemen, for your quick replies.  Since many of our discussions find their way into the Google search listings when someone's searching for info on a particular subject, I was worried that my email address was out there for all the world to see.

Thx again and Regards..
Paul Jacobs
1978 Cad. Eldo. Custom Biarritz
CLC # 29137