News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

79 deville efi sending unit question

Started by 79caddy, July 16, 2016, 11:06:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bcroe

Quote from: 79caddy
Tank pump working now and have pressure to fuel rail now (7.0L) bUT injectors not firing. Also pulled frame pump and  bench tested it. Seems to function well. Car has not run in 13 years but will fires up briefly and sounds great if I pour gas in top.I will check fuel pressure tomorrow. What pressure should I have at release valve?  Are there other obvious reasons that injectors are not pulsing?

There are 2 ways your injectors are fired.  Try turning on the ign and slowly opening
the throttle.  The injectors should click up to 21 times.  Otherwise its likely an ECU
problem.  Cranking there should be ign pulses triggered by the speed sensors.  If not,
most likely the ECU has a bad IC or bad MAP sensor.  ICs are still available, and I
have designed a replacement MAP for the unavailable original.  I can test your ECU
for free if you pay postage, email the results.  What is its #?  Bruce Roe  CLC # 14630

79caddy

Thanks Bruce! So I guess low pressure may not be the culprit. I have not heard any clicks. I will check the numbers and likely send you the unit for testing.

79caddy

FIXED! She is running. Got a noid light and saw they were firing. New fuel filter and finishing ingnitor seals (few still leaking) and pressure must be high enough to spray.
NOW IF I COULD JUST FIGURE OUT HOW TO REPLACE THE SPARK PLUG IN CYLINDER 7!

BLUE79DEVILLE

what did you do to make her run? having same symptoms

bcroe

What symptoms are those? 

By the way I did get my 190 high pressure pump installed in the
(403 powered) 79 Eldo tank, rewired it and replaced all that stuff
in the frame with a simple in line filter.  I have a fuel pressure
gauge, it seems to be working OK. 
Bruce Roe  CLC # 14630

BLUE79DEVILLE

79 deville not firing up, only start when I pour fuel inside TB. Fuel pumps working. I don’t hear the 21 click trick. But reading ohms through wiring for injectors are good. What can cause a cold no start. Next I’m purchasing the air and coolant sensor

bcroe

Quote from: BLUE79DEVILLE
79 Deville not firing up, only start when I pour fuel inside TB. Fuel pumps
working. I don’t hear the 21 click trick. But reading ohms through wiring
for injectors are good. What can cause a cold no start. Next I’m purchasing
the air and coolant sensor   

Check for 39 psi fuel pressure when the ign is turned on.  It should for
some seconds after the pumps shut off.  Put a noid light on the injectors
(each of 2 banks) to see if the ECU is driving them; otherwise the ECU
might be bad.  Just turn on the ign and slowly open the throttle to see
if you get up to 21 injector clicks; if not the ECU is probably bad. 

Unplug the EFI 2 wire temp sensors with an ohmmeter.  They should
measure around 1000 ohms cold, more hot.  They interchange; if you
only have one good one make sure its the one in the coolant which
has much more effect.  Bruce Roe