News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1937 LaSalle hood ornament and bumper escutcheon plate

Started by 1937 LaSalle coupe, August 21, 2016, 09:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1937 LaSalle coupe

Hello everyone. Just picked up a nice condition hood ornament for a '37 LaSalle. Be a nice one to rechrome. Nice to have a spare. I can't post pics. I want $250.00 plus $10.00 postage. If you aren't satisfied, I will refund purchase price less postage. Also picked up a bumper escutcheon plate that will fit the '37 Cadillacs or LaSalles. This is the fancy plate that holds the Cadillac or LaSalle emblem. This also would be a nice solid one to have rechromed. Again, nice to have a spare. Has the 2 original thick flat washers and the threads look good. Same guarantee as above, if you don't like it send it back and I will refund purchase price less postage. Price for the escutcheon plate is $100.00 plus $10.00... I am firm on these prices. Thanks... John C. Lehman...CLC # 26365....   

DAVID E

I am interested in the plate, as I have the LAS logo emblem

DAVID E

DAVID E

so it has like ridges on both sides and smooth in the middle for the emblem plate and is placed into the middle with four tabs?

1937 LaSalle coupe

David, I think the '38's are square in shape. Mine is about 12" long With the ridges on both sides. Nice and solid, no rust through.. Good piece to have rechromed. Has good threads. Sounds like what you have been looking for...  Thanks ... John Lehman... CLC # 26365...

Tom Beaver

David,

The 37 and 38 escutcheon plates are not the same.  The 38 has a single mounting bolt and the 37 has two.  Attached is a picture of a 38 plate.

Tom Beaver

DAVID E

on the rear of my bumper it it has a two bolt and ridge plate with emblem, On the front I have a one bolt hole. So the rear bumper must have come off a 1937?
so they should match I would think?

Steve Passmore

Sounds like you figured it out then David. It all should match.
Steve

Present
1937 60 convertible coupe
1941 62 convertible coupe
1941 62 coupe

Previous
1936 70 Sport coupe
1937 85 series V12 sedan
1938 60 coupe
1938 50 coupe
1939 60S
1940 62 coupe
1941 62 convertible coupe x2
1941 61 coupe
1941 61 sedan x2
1941 62 sedan x2
1947 62 sedan
1959 62 coupe

DAVID E

1937 LaSalle coupe

Hello David. If you want the bumper plate mail check or Postal Money Order to: John C. Lehman, 6548 South St. (Meeker), Marion, Oh. 43302. Thanks.... John... CLC# 26365....

DAVID E

1937 LaSalle coupe

Bumper medallion plate sold. Do have left the hood ornament for a '37 LaSalle. Price reduced to $225.00, plus $10.00 postage. Nice to have a spare. This will be the last time offered. Will put into storage for future sale.. Thanks ... John C. Lehman... CLC # 26365...

my37

1937 LaSalle coupe

Hello Michael. I still have the '37 LaSalle hood ornament. I'm in Marion, Ohio.... John C. Lehman.. CLC# 26365...

DaveZ

Hi,
I know this is a long shot being a year, but would you still have the hood Ornament?
Regards,
David Zitzmann
1932 345B

1937 LaSalle coupe

Hi Dave. Still have the '37 LaSalle hood ornament. Also have a nice '37 LaSalle or Cadillac Trunk handle... John C. Lehman... CLC # 26365...

DaveZ

Hi I'll take it. Mine is beyond repair I was told and can't really do anything without one as it holds the hood on:-(
Regards,
David Zitzmann
1932 345B

1937 LaSalle coupe

Hi Dave. Got to looking at the one I have and the end where you are concerned about will need some help. I have a damaged hood ornament base that has a good end where hood strip will attach. Pauls Chrome in PA. has done wonders with all my chroming. I know he could cut the end off and attach it to the good ornament. That way you would end up with a nice ornament. He does great work and would be undetectable when he is done with it. Since the '37 LaSalle ornament needs some work, I will take $ 200.00 plus $10.00 shipping. Thanks and let me know.... John C. Lehman ... CLC # 26365...

DaveZ

Thanks for getting back to me. Let me think about it. My end is good, it was broken off the top. If I have start repairs it may be worth just buying a stainless one.
Regards,
David Zitzmann
1932 345B

DaveZ

Hi John,
Well I went through the ordeal of buying a stainless one and had to send it back because the holes were not drilled right. Got it back today and they got the space from center correct, but not straight so it still won't mount. Getting a bit frustrated and will tell them they can have it back. Odd too because I have heard nothing but good things about them. Anyway now I am at the point where I am thinking of just getting mine fixed. You said your guy in PA can do the work so I will try it. if you could send me the name of the company that would be great. Did you say you had a good top and bottom that could be made into one good one?
Regards,
Dave
Regards,
David Zitzmann
1932 345B