Author Topic: ATTN Moderators: Policy for listing items for sale in the CLC forum.  (Read 1153 times)

Offline Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

• CLC Member
      CLC Member #8621
  • Name: Eric DeVirgilis
Per classified advertising rules in the Self Starter publication of requiring location and asking price of item, I propose the same policy apply to anyone listing any item(s) for sale in the CLC forum - and that they be posted in the appropriate forum. 

In addition it should also be specified, that no more than one thread be permitted per item listed for sale.

Respectfully submitted,

Eric DeVirgilis
CLC 8621

« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 12:54:01 PM by Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621 »
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for Which There is no Acceptable Substitute

Offline Ken Perry

• Name: Ken Perry
Re: ATTN Moderators: Policy for listing items for sale in the CLC forum.
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2017, 01:09:19 PM »
I second that. Ken Perry
Cadillac Ken

Offline Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

• CLC Member
      CLC Member #8621
  • Name: Eric DeVirgilis
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2017, 09:20:33 AM »
Ken... your support is appreciated.

Will be looking to forward to seeing what actions will be taken on the matter.

A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for Which There is no Acceptable Substitute

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2017, 12:24:40 PM »
I agree with the suggestion as well. However it will be much job for the moderators to make sure people follow that. Should they just delete posts that doesn't fit the criteria? Looking on the posts everyday I clearly see that people can't post in the correct sub-forum. And frankly I'm not sure what should be going into Technical / Authenticity instead of General. Some questions definitely over-lap. Posting in General when you want to sell or buy should be a big no-no, but people don't even get that idea. And even though most people understand the concept of writing in the header what they want to tell/ask, there are also those headers that don't give a clue what its about.

Then we have the naming issue. People not understanding that they have to write their names. I think its great that names has to be present as that will make you think twice before posting something that could be offensive or not suitable. Most forums nowadays are just full of crap because people are anonymous. Still some try to get a level of anonymity here and I'm in complete favor of having to display your CLC number as well as your name.

Offline jdemerson

• 1952 Cadillac 6219X Vermont -- Emerson
  • Very large collection of Cadillac sales brochures
    • CLC Member
      CLC Member #26790
  • Name: John D Emerson
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2017, 02:40:17 PM »
Per classified advertising rules in the Self Starter publication ...
In addition it should also be specified, that no more than one thread be permitted per item listed for sale.

Respectfully submitted,

Eric DeVirgilis
CLC 8621

As a member who has violated Eric's suggested rule in the For Sale section, I will strongly endorse the suggestion.

I only recently realized that it is easy to edit one's own earlier post. Prior to that I had been reposting a list of available Cadillac sales literature every few months. The issue was that the list changed regularly as I sold various items to CLC members, and occasionally added items where I had an extra copy of something. Now I simply go into the list, make deletions and additions, and bump the list. It seems to work great. The result is a single thread.

I don't have suggestions on enforcement, which could be a pain.

John Emerson
CLC Member #26790
John Emerson
Middlebury, Vermont
CLC member #26790
1952 Series 6219X
http://bit.ly/21AGnvn

Get the CLCMRC 2018 Calendar - AVAILABLE NOW!