News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

WTB 1957 cadillac clock

Started by bazilman, March 14, 2017, 02:47:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bazilman

Hi Guys, I've just been thoroughly fleeced by Jims classic car clocks  >:(. He sent me a faulty clock which I have returned to him for repair/replacement/refund and now he will not return my emails and I am $175 out of pocket :'(. I Just thought you should all be warned. In the meantime, I still need a clock to go in the dash of my '57 caddy - preferably a working one - can anyone help ? many thanks guys. 
Craig Dunn

Walter Youshock

Which model '57?  The base clocks in Borg or Westclox movements are pretty basic.  The Westclox drum is a bit hard to get running because the drum itself is so heavy.

There was a service bulletin that went out and said replacement of drum clocks on 60 Special and eldorados was ok.
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

bazilman

I had a drum clock in my '57 Fleetwood that was not working so I bought a borg face clock from smiths classic car clocks (advertised as serviced and working). I paid $175.70 inc shipping to the UK for his clock and he paid me $50.00 for my drum clock in part exchange. I shipped my clock to him and he sent me the borg clock which was not working. He said if I returned it he would repair/replace or refund so I sent it back a month ago and now he wont answer any emails. So now Ive got no clock whatsoever and I'm $175.70 out of pocket. He now has my drum clock advertised on his website for the best part of $500.00 and its advertised as serviced and working !!!!!
Craig Dunn

Walter Youshock

Oh, my...  do you want a drum or regular clock?
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

bazilman

although the drum clocks seem to fetch more money, I think the borg face clock actually looks a little more "classy", so probably go for a Borg face clock if you have one working ?
Craig Dunn

Cadillac Jack 82

I know it's bad to provide links to vendors who you're not happy with but could you PM me who you're talking about?  I think this is a guy I just bought a 1940 Chevy dash clock from and I want to make sure that I'm not going to get the shaft too.
Tim

CLC Member #30850

1959 Cadillac CDV "Shelley"
1964 Cadillac SDV "Rosalie"
1966 Oldsmobile Toronado "Sienna"

Past Cars

1937 LaSalle Cpe
1940 Chevrolet Cpe
1941 Ford 11Y
1954 Buick 48D
1955 Cadillac CDV
1955 Packard Clipper
1957 Cadillac Series 62
1962 VW Bug
1962 Dodge 880
1966 Mercury Montclair
1967 Buick Wildcat Convertible
1968 Chevy Chevelle SS
1968 Plymouth Barracuda
1977 Lincoln MKV

denniscaddy

I have a very nice non-working 57 clock. Chrome and face are excellent. I could get it restored by a reliable company (one I have used many times with good results), and then send it to you.  I think $175 plus shipping would do it.  It would have a one-year warranty.

dennis@caddyparts.com

Dennis Akerman
CLC 3676
1941 Fleetwood 60S
2017 CT6

bazilman

Hi dennis. Thank you for your message. I am very interested in the clock, however another very kind gentleman has also offered me one, but he is snowed in at the moment and cant get into his garage. I have to be fair to him and give him 1st opportunity as he replied first so if its ok I will keep your contact details and get back to you as soon as he is able to send me some pictures of his clock and let you know either way. Just out of curiosity, how much would you want for the clock in its current unfixed condition ?
Craig Dunn

denniscaddy

$50 + shipping.  Thanks.
Dennis
CLC 3676
1941 Fleetwood 60S
2017 CT6

bazilman

Hi dennis. Many thanks again for your kind offer. I am now sorted with a clock but your offer was very much appreciated. Best regards....Craig.
Craig Dunn