News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1937 Cadillac 7019 Fleetwood rear bumper and braces

Started by Edward Hurst, March 24, 2017, 10:17:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Edward Hurst

We had all the chrome re-plated several years back on the 7019 and laying out everything to get ready for assembly, I find that one of the hangars that is welded to the inside of the rear bumper for the hidden bolt is missing on the rear bumper.  The way the bumper brace mounts there is no way to mount it unless I drill through and use a bolt, which I don't want to do.  My braces are pretty much bent up also.
I can fabricate the mount but it would have to be welded on which will ruin the chrome and it will have to be re-plated again.  Let me know what you have and the price.
Mine also has an extra set of holes toward the bumper ends which I don't recognize a purpose for.  They look to be factory holes but I don't see a reason for them.
Ed

Hurst Engines in Jeffersonville, Indiana
MSF RiderCoach
Aircraft Machinist USAF (Ret)
Viet Nam Vet (U.S. Army)
Disabled American Veteran
Streetrod Builder/enthusiaist
1929 Buick 29-27
1937 Cadillac 7019
1957 Chevrolet Bel Air
Mortec SBC Engine (Moderator)