News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

A survivor

Started by mbhowes, March 23, 2017, 12:38:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbhowes

Figured this was a good place to post this. I bought this old girl in NW montana about a year ago, for 2500, and drove it out to the east coast where i'm currently working. This car is all original, with zero rot underneath and just a few bubbles starting around the body trim in the stern. Interior is 9/10 with just a few cracks in the vinyl here and there. Still has the factory stereo and still plays 8 tracks! Every option works, even the auto highbeams.

The only restoration has been mechanical. One exhaust manifold was cracked, and a few studs were broken in the head, also was using a fair bit of oil. Rather than F around, heads came off, piston tops cleaned, the rockin old dudes at the machine shop psi tested the heads and popped in the new valve seals. She went back together with ceramic long tube sanderson headers, and right to the exhaust shop for a custom y-pipe, 2.5 inch through a magnaflow and stock tailpipe location. Thing is quiet! Im glad i grew out of my loud exhaust phase before i started on this car lol.

Some of the lifters are a little tired, and mushroooomed in, so eventually it'll be getting a new cam and lifters and a more robust valvetrain setup, but until then its happy miles!

Heres some pics so you all can appreciate this 40 year old survivor like I do!

Take care, all!
Malcolm

Rob Troxel

Thanks for sharing.  I like the step by step on what you did with the engine.  Keep us posted!

Carl Fielding

How many miles on it ?  - Carl

Steve Passmore

Glad to hear your out of your loud stage >:D
Steve

Present
1937 60 convertible coupe
1941 62 convertible coupe
1941 62 coupe

Previous
1936 70 Sport coupe
1937 85 series V12 sedan