News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

A Source for Clean Survivor Cadillacs

Started by 31caddy, April 09, 2017, 04:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

31caddy

For those interested in immaculate, original Cadillacs, mainly from the '60-'90's, I recommend the Raleigh Classic Car Auction. I have no connection to the auction, other than that one of the principals in it, Mr. Glen Boyd is a casual acquaintance. Mr. Boyd owns multiple car dealerships, and through that he comes across very low mileage, original cars. He keeps many of them for his own collection, and from time to time lets some go through this auction. He prefers cars where everything is original including the paint. Although these years are not the ones I want to own, I have been amazed by the condition of some that I have seen at past auctions. Below is a link to one currently listed for a late June auction. I expect that there will be a few more posted as the auction date gets closer.

http://www.raleighclassic.com/used-Raleigh-1967-Cadillac-Eldorado-Base-H7257806
R. Rowland CLC #28971

1931 Model 355A Sedan (Recently sold)
1931 Model 355A Fleetwood 4535 Convertible Coupe
2005 Cadillac XLR

robert G. smits

Agree with 31 caddy.  In the early auction years it was common to see 15-20 cars from the 50's and 60's with less than 20K miles. Ten years ago I passed on low mileage 55 Imperial hardtop that I have always regretted. Mr Boyd also purchased cars at dispersal auctions.  I think a 53 Olds 98 conv I restored is in this auction.  Trying to decide if I am going to try to buy it back.  Bob Smits
R. Smits, #2426
23 Cad 7P Touring
32 Cad 5P Coupe
38 Cad 90 Series
41 Cad 63 Series
58 Cad Eldo Barritz
The average man can take care of one Woman and two Cadillacs, Al Edmond AACA Past President

Barry M Wheeler #2189

Bob, that is such a pretty car... If you have the means, rescue it. I have always thought that the '53 Olds had everything "just right."
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Richard Sills - CLC #936

I also agree with the recommendation of the Raleigh Classic Auction.  It features a higher percentage of fine low mileage original cars than any other auction I know of.  Incidentally, the 1941 Cadillac Series 62 Deluxe sedan in the current consignment list is a car that I previously owned.