News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Rough shift on 2016 ATS

Started by Barry M Wheeler #2189, May 03, 2017, 05:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry M Wheeler #2189

I can't remember if I put this topic on the Forum or not. I don't think I did as badmouthing a supplier can also include Cadillac. Anyway, I had the car in the shop to check the annoying rough shifts both starting fresh each morning, and going around corners, plus jerky downshifts when coming up to a stop. They called me and said there was a service bulletin out that they were not supposed to replace any parts on the ATS 8 speed transmission as evidently, the problem cannot be improved upon.

In any case, I was in the dealership yesterday for an oil change, and one of the advisers was chatting with me and after discussing the transmission problem again, he suggested trying one of the other modes. I.E. "Sport" or "Snow/Ice." At present, I have it in sport mode and it does seem slightly better. So, if you have such a car and have a similar problem, you might try this. I don't know what it'll do to the gas mileage, but the shifts were so annoying, I guess I don't really care.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville